• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My First Ticket

i have an idea, this is more condensed and easier to follow, granted the other one was pretty much common sense.

Here we go....

Fun Boobs always = Fun Time.

Now I am in 100% agreement.

And for the record, that's the first time I've seen boobs referred to as "ski slopes." Hahahah.

And puffy nipples = not so attractive to me.

I would have to say that it should have been a warning for your first offense but the fact that there was a fatality 3 days ago most definately changed things.

I would just pay it and move on. Read the ticket but here in CT if you pay the ticket you don't get any points.

is that a new thing? i never heard of that? my only 2 speeding tix were in ny so i never dealt with ct.

i'd plead not guilty. it never hurts. it may get reduced enough to where u still have to pay a fine but it may be for a lower speed and possibly less or no points

is that a new thing? i never heard of that? my only 2 speeding tix were in ny so i never dealt with ct.

i'd plead not guilty. it never hurts. it may get reduced enough to where u still have to pay a fine but it may be for a lower speed and possibly less or no points

no idea, it was back in 2003, I just payed it and the only thing I was notified of was if I got another ticket in 3 years I would have to take driver retraining.

http://www.buyradardetectors.com/Articles/Radar-Calibration-Bait-and-Switch.aspx

Here's some info for you Gooner.

"For those of you who received a speeding ticket and police radar was used, you must follow my advice and first, appeal your ticket in court, and then request all calibration and certification records from each and every piece of police radar the arresting department has in its inventory."

The guy has a link to buy his book but I don't know if it is needed. The articles on the sight above can get you started.

thanks for all the help guys, I mailed in my ticket requesting a court appearence yesterday so fingers crossed. I even have jury duty coming up in April so I guess ill be a frequent visitor at the courts lol.

Why am I not surprised over the fact that we went from speeding tickets to talking about boobs. LOL some things never change! :D

white castle ftw!

Wow, sounds like what happened to me a short while ago. I went to court about it. Got it reduced $90. It all depends what judge you get and how lenient he/she is.

I also got my license suspended for 20 days. They sent me a letter in late january after the court date was Dec. 3rd. Its almost 7 months after the ticket and they now decide to suspend my license. I'm not complaining, I'll get it back on the 21st. The good thing is, I'm not even home and have no access to a car, so I guess in the end I WIN!

hey goonz, i remember you talking about a ticket you got once. the cop was a prick and wrote you up for all of the illegal things on #9. what ever happened with that?

team-america.gif

tickets...

tickets...

I too had my license suspended some time ago for "excessive points" (read: too many damn speeding tickets) and had to take driver retraining in MA...Now, however, they have changed the insurance situation here...along with the State inspections...which is a WHOLE different rant from me that i won't get into here, but, suffice it to say that i have to drive to Franklin Ford now every year to get my car inspected because of the Magnaflow exhaust the Dealer installed that is now considered "illegal".

I too had my license suspended some time ago for "excessive points" (read: too many damn speeding tickets) and had to take driver retraining in MA...Now, however, they have changed the insurance situation here...along with the State inspections...which is a WHOLE different rant from me that i won't get into here, but, suffice it to say that i have to drive to Franklin Ford now every year to get my car inspected because of the Magnaflow exhaust the Dealer installed that is now considered "illegal".

Can you get the "50 State Legal" sticker from Magnaflow for that exhaust?

Believe it or not....

Believe it or not....

It doesn't matter if it's 50 state legal or not....I was told by three different inspection stations that, under the new MA state law that took effect 1 OCT 07, any "non-factory" exhaust is considered an "altered exhaust".

As soon as Colin gets out of High School, I'm moving....I've never had so much grief in any one State for silliness. example: It took me almost 5 months to get my Class A high capacity carry license renewed because they found I had an arrest (case was dismissed without a finding) when I was a Senior in high school (1990!) that I didn't list on the application....I had never put it down the last few times I had to renew, but again, NEW laws...bunch of BS...

Back