• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

How will this be mounted? Upper manifold custom made to accept? Or is it going to get bracket-mounted and blown through the TB?

If the fit is close, you can also slightly raise the rear of the hood. Mines already lifted about 1/2".. but, if I remember correctly, it's possible to adjust it to get 1" lift.

joey are you running the supercharger on the rear valve cover simply to get away from the motor mount on that side? if so you could just rebuild that and it would take much less fabrication to build a UIM from there..... but hood clearance would be an issue once again.

For all those people asking about cfm... rough estimate is HP x 1.5 for CFM.

thanks Barge except they need to know paralistic loss will be 15hp at 10,000 rpms. I expect the number to be around the 250whp for our car and closer to 275whp for the 3 liter given I can keep the intake temps down some. I have the VVT 3.0 in my truck and I will be fabbing up two SC on two different motors. You know what sucks the Mazda 6 will be easier since the mount is removable unlike our TRicker.

Burrita, boy do you have those Mazda 6 Forum guys chomping at the bit! My buddy at work has cash in hand for a S/C kit. Thanks for all your hard work on this. You may have to quit that cushy job of yours ;) You stated you thought the price would be around $2,000. Is this about the same for us 2.5 SVT guys? I see from the photo in the 6 forum, their engine should be a little easier to fab, tuning not so much! Can wait to see final HP/cost numbers. You won't be able to build these fast enough.

Rod

thanks Barge except they need to know paralistic loss will be 15hp at 10,000 rpms. I expect the number to be around the 250whp for our car and closer to 275whp for the 3 liter given I can keep the intake temps down some. I have the VVT 3.0 in my truck and I will be fabbing up two SC on two different motors. You know what sucks the Mazda 6 will be easier since the mount is removable unlike our TRicker.

Yeah, there are lots of other factors. The 1.5 x HP is just a general rule to use when you need to know cfm required for something.

Luckily the Duratec engines seem to have a very high volumetric efficiency so they'll make the most of that CFM.

But like I said... lots of other little factors... but it is just a ROUGH estimate.

Burrita, boy do you have those Mazda 6 Forum guys chomping at the bit! My buddy at work has cash in hand for a S/C kit. Thanks for all your hard work on this. You may have to quit that cushy job of yours ;) You stated you thought the price would be around $2,000. Is this about the same for us 2.5 SVT guys? I see from the photo in the 6 forum, their engine should be a little easier to fab, tuning not so much! Can wait to see final HP/cost numbers. You won't be able to build these fast enough.

Rod

Yeah he said half of wha this turbo kit is, so be around 1500 according to him. Of course price was not listed it was a guess.

Either way this kit is gonna be sweet if he can get it together.

I'm hooting for you either way.

I am a little confused, will all of the configurations getting a setup with the custom fuel rail, and if so will you be building one for the return style fuel system as well.

Now that I'm back from Cougarfest I'm having a real hard time at the thought of letting my cougar go, but I want more power and I don't want to invest a lot of more time and money into. I know you have to pay to play, but this setup sounds just about right.

I am a little confused, will all of the configurations getting a setup with the custom fuel rail, and if so will you be building one for the return style fuel system as well.

Now that I'm back from Cougarfest I'm having a real hard time at the thought of letting my cougar go, but I want more power and I don't want to invest a lot of more time and money into. I know you have to pay to play, but this setup sounds just about right.

Never mind, I read that post again about the custom lim and you were refer to developing another part just to make the 2.5L to 3.0L swap easier. Nothing to do with the new s/c setup. Going to talk to the wife tonight, the cougar may no longer be for sale. :p

this is so sweet i still think the turbo is for me, but it would be nice to have the option to go supercharged

any updates joey?

I just came back from my primary Job I am off for a week. I will be working on this at the same time I am building my 3 liter beast back together, LIM mod, four kits left to build, and the mazda SC brackets and headers sales. I am bouncing back in forth but I will cartch up 2008........:)lol

I will be welding up some brackets tuesday

I just came back from my primary Job I am off for a week. I will be working on this at the same time I am building my 3 liter beast back together, LIM mod, four kits left to build, and the mazda SC brackets and headers sales. I am bouncing back in forth but I will cartch up 2008........:)lol

I will be welding up some brackets tuesday

How do the brackets look? Any pics?

I hope you can get this done before 2008.

Back