• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My First Ticket

I would fight the ticket!

Were there any signs stating the road went from a 55 to a 35?

as a first offense they will def bring it down to a lowered ticket.

Here in Jersey we are able 2 use 3 "Unsafe Drivings" every 5 years meaning if you get caught for doing 40 over the Speed limit you can do a Unsafe Driving pay a :censored:it load and not have to worry about points. Call it a day if they dont want to be nice see if you can do it that way. Pay the lower but more expensive offense and save in the future w/ ur insurance.

Take this from the man with 15 pnts on his license!(AND I have gotten away with a lot of stuff just by going to the courts and talkin 2 the prosecutor)

Good luck Goonz....

The conventional wisdom on this is to go to court and try to at least have it reduced. Problem is less the price of the ticket and more the surcharge on the ol' insurance, but if you end up beating the rap, you win on both counts. :cool:

yeah...i dunno how old you are goonz but eesh...i feel your pain. luckily your rates won't go up until the next time you renew your policy, unless your insurance periodically checks your record. but either way, good luck with that!

yeah...i dunno how old you are goonz but eesh...i feel your pain. luckily your rates won't go up until the next time you renew your policy, unless your insurance periodically checks your record. but either way, good luck with that!

lol 22 with no tickets..i dont think im getting out of this ticket however. Literally everyday I see cars pulled over on that road and now im looking for just a reduction in the ticket..either way we'll see what happens

20+ over in WI is grounds for license revocation for 3 mos..... I was doing 53 in 25 zone and got it dropped to only 19 over kuz I went to court and asked politely.... I would go and see if they will cut ya a break - good luck

ah speeding tickets. think of them as road tax. you gotta pay to play!

speaking of tickets, if you get 3 within a year of eachother in MN you get your liscense suspended. i didnt know this till my buddy had it happen. i managed to go 3-4 years without getting a ticket, then this year, i managed to get 2 :( i've slowed down now, besides, i get better gas milage when i go slower :)

I forgot to post this last week.

Gooner, be careful on the connector, there is a late model Taurus (not the 500 version) that is an unmarked officer, i couldn't see if it was a statie or a Lowell cop because they were in the car.
but it has lights in the rear and in the front windows along with the grill.
it is silver and does not have tinted windows.
sneaky sneaky!

too late, dude pulled me over about a week ago for my tinted windows but get this, he let me go cause he loves family guy..gigidy haha it was really hilarious, he got a good gig out of it :)

seriously though, i drive on cruise going 55 and still they find something to get me..sheesh :nonono:

too late, dude pulled me over about a week ago for my tinted windows but get this, he let me go cause he loves family guy..gigidy haha it was really hilarious, he got a good gig out of it :)

seriously though, i drive on cruise going 55 and still they find something to get me..sheesh :nonono:

Yea it's because your brown haha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't blame them for doing their job. If it is such a hassle, you should think about getting the tint redone a little less darker.

Yea it's because your brown haha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yea no thats old

they are doing their job, but i have people passing me going faster then me, he comes after me, but whatever..i dont care anymore. im keeping my tint because i like my privacy, im not drug dealer, they want to search my car, go right ahead. :shrug:

my court date is soon though, hoping for a reduction since i know im not getting off it

yea no thats old

they are doing their job, but i have people passing me going faster then me, he comes after me, but whatever..i dont care anymore. im keeping my tint because i like my privacy, im not drug dealer, they want to search my car, go right ahead. :shrug:

my court date is soon though, hoping for a reduction since i know im not getting off it

Tint restrictions are there for their protection. Please follow them.

Tint restrictions are there for their protection. Please follow them.

icon30.gifhttp:
icon30.gif
thank you

icon30.gifhttp:
icon30.gif
thank you

I know a few sherrifs. They hate cars that have a dark tint where you can't see what is going on inside. They don't know what the driver is doing, and honestly that would make me nervous too when you don't know who you are pulling over. Sure, you might like it and it might look good but that still doesn't mean that you don't need to follow the law. When they hand out tickets for tint, they aren't being jerks, they are looking out for themselves and all the other law enforcement out there.

that is true, but now answer me this...
if civilian vehicles have tint level restrictions, why can a police vehicle that is not a K-9 have super dark tint all the way around?
are police officers eyes better than the average person to the point where it allows them to see through the tint better than i could?

my windows are tinted, if i get pulled over (only pertains at night) i turn my interior lights on so the officer can see in my vehicle.

if civilian vehicles have tint level restrictions, why can a police vehicle that is not a K-9 have super dark tint all the way around?

Yeah I completely agree with this. It is very stupid IMO. But I guess an officer can break any law he/she wants. Kind of like the officers on horseback up here at UMass that don't clean up the horse****. I saw one pile in the middle of a sidewalk for a week and a half. And I guess an officer can speed when he/she wants. Oh and not to mention that one time I saw an officer in Springfield with flashing lights on fly into a Dunkin Donuts parking lot, and proceed to make a purchase inside. :nonono:

are police officers eyes better than the average person to the point where it allows them to see through the tint better than i could?

my windows are tinted, if i get pulled over (only pertains at night) i turn my interior lights on so the officer can see in my vehicle.

The reason for the cops having tint is privacy for anyone in the rear. Even though it is a public info of anyone who is arrested.

i am not talking about just the rear windows.
there are tons of towns around here, North Reading for one, that all the windows are 5% or less.
even at night if they have the dome light on, you can barely see inside.
as for protection of the criminals, fugg 'em they committed a crime.
thats a bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: excuse.

i have a difficult time seeing out of my windows at night (contemplating removing the tint this year) and i know that if they were darker (the rear doors are 5%, fronts and rear window 20%) it would be almost impossible.

i am not talking about just the rear windows.
there are tons of towns around here, North Reading for one, that all the windows are 5% or less.
even at night if they have the dome light on, you can barely see inside.
as for protection of the criminals, fugg 'em they committed a crime.
thats a bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: excuse.

i have a difficult time seeing out of my windows at night (contemplating removing the tint this year) and i know that if they were darker (the rear doors are 5%, fronts and rear window 20%) it would be almost impossible.

Wow, we only have rear tint on most of the cars that I have seen around here. Nothing on the front at all. And I agree with you 100% on that.

around here most cops won't hassle you for 35% on your windows, even thought he technical legal limit is a 4" band.

i tint my windows however i feel, i've never had a problem with seeing out, and whenever i get pulled over at night i turn on the dome light and roll down the windows.

i tint my windows however i feel, i've never had a problem with seeing out, and whenever i get pulled over at night i turn on the dome light and roll down the windows.

That way they can see it is a 10 year old mexican driving the car? :laugh: But that is exactly what you want to do, if you get pulled over. Roll down both windows on the drivers side RIGHT AWAY....before he even gets out of his car. That way he can see what you are doing, and it just might make his day and let you go from a ticket.

Back