• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sighting...

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
So I was with my buddy going down to Enfield, CT. We were making a stop at Dick's, and as I was turning down the street Dick's is on, I saw a clean, stock, SF SVT. I got excited :). It just so happens that the SVT parked near Dick's, so I parked next to it, obviously. "Nice car," I said. As it turns out, after a quick convo, it was a new CEG'er, snoskier16! I just thought it was a rather interesting coincidence :cool:

cool!
Go figure it's silver frost. His car is 20 cars older than Cobra's and 22 older than Respects. :cool:
If he was a Mike, I think I'd have to
runaway.gif

Last edited:
where exactly in Enfield is that? I had my car out last night, most likely tonight again also ...

That's between Hazard Ave and Elm. Ya know, where the ridiculously large amount of strip malls are, haha. Dick's across from the side entrance to official "Enfield Mall," where the movie theaters are and stuff, but I forget the name of that street. I'm in Enfield a lot...If I ever see you I will honk like a madman, haha. Your car totally sticks out. (In a good way :laugh:)

Hey zorrex, it was nice to meet you! It seems to me that we have a huge concentration of CEGers in the Enfield area.

Kind of a thread hijacking, but last week I spotted a T-red SVT on Elm St. and even shot a picture of if, but its on my other computer. The thing that got me was it has a non-SVT rear bumper. Now that really stood out, but the rest of the car was clearly an SVT.

Anyway, I'll be in town until September, so I'm sure I'll run into more of you as the summer progresses!

Hey zorrex, it was nice to meet you! It seems to me that we have a huge concentration of CEGers in the Enfield area.

Kind of a thread hijacking, but last week I spotted a T-red SVT on Elm St. and even shot a picture of if, but its on my other computer. The thing that got me was it has a non-SVT rear bumper. Now that really stood out, but the rest of the car was clearly an SVT.

Anyway, I'll be in town until September, so I'm sure I'll run into more of you as the summer progresses!

Hmmmm. There's a junky T-Red over here in East Longmeadow. It isn't kept up and has hazy headlights, and I'm pretty sure I saw the same T-Red at Frank's Auto here in EL and the right side was all scraped up and dented and crap. It made me sad :(. Maybe this is the same T-Red and lacks the SVT bumper cuz the owner doesn't care:nonono:

alright guys since you are all so close we should set up a local meet.

btw most of the time you should look for me in my mystique, its champagn in color and has www.contour.org stickers on the rear passanger door windows ...

alright guys since you are all so close we should set up a local meet.

btw most of the time you should look for me in my mystique, its champagn in color and has www.contour.org stickers on the rear passanger door windows ...

That sounds like a plan. We SHOULD definitely meet up sometime! Maybe someone could offer up there place for it? I would, but I'm a young'n and I still live with my parents and it really wouldn't be possible to have anything here. I mean, my mom would say, "WHAT THE HE!! IS WRONG WITH YOU INVITING PEOPLE FROM ONLINE TO MY HOUSE!?!?!?" haha. My parents are going to be away this week until next Sunday, buuuut that would be sketchy and my parents would kill me going behind their backs and I think it's too short notice :p.

Ok, so heres the SVT that I saw. It was taken on Elm St. in Enfield and turned onto 91N.

n48805303_31081441_9203.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, this car may have been an SVT conversion or something. The SVT emblem is not in the correct spot, but if it is authentic and got hit in the rear, that could explain the bumper and misplaced emblem. I don't know!

Last edited:
hey you CT guys...close to south windsor? i may be heading down that area tomorrow

its close enough but I'll be heading to my parents shortly

edit, if you want a nice back country road drive and want to avoid the Pike on your way home take 190 to 84 either way or from enfield back:

190 to 197 to 395
or
190E to 197E to 169 S to 171 W to 44E to 395

they are all a bunch of good roads to drive

Last edited:
Ok, so heres the SVT that I saw. It was taken on Elm St. in Enfield and turned onto 91N.

n48805303_31081441_9203.jpg

Edit: The more I look at it, this car may have been an SVT conversion or something. The SVT emblem is not in the correct spot, but if it is authentic and got hit in the rear, that could explain the bumper and misplaced emblem. I don't know!

yeah thats the one that I saw .... it is a SVT rear bumper but some of it has been cut away, it you look you can see the top of the exhaust cut out area that should be black. Also it has SE side skirts. and if it is exactly the same one it has a mystique hood, grill and headlights ...when I saw/followed the car it left the Enfield Mall and went up 220 to a apartment/condo complex, if you search I think I posted about it as it was over this past winter

my mom isn't against having a mini-meet here some weekend... if people were actually serious about it :p
i don't have mass-parking but we could easily fit 6-7 cars in my driveway.

what do you need help with? just let me know and I'll be there when I can to lend a hand

Actually my wife is going away for 2 weeks to FL so now's my chance to try and get some work done on the car.

List:

1. Find fender and paint it and put it on.
2. New tire.
3. Fix Heat/AC blower not working.
4. Find out why ABS light is always on.
5. Replace drivers axle (torn boot).
6. Fix power window wiring (only works if switch is wiggled).
7. Try injector swap.
8. Install SVT filter assy.
9. Fix timing chain/idle problem.
10. Check for heat shield rattle noise.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting right now too.

Back