• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hightowers???

D

devanmc

if thats the right word. im new to this stuff so what exactly are high towers and what do they do?

look at my headlights, those are hightowers.

to "hightower" lights you bake them in the oven, then break them open, strip the chrome coating so the inside piece looks black then re seal them.

262760475.jpg

thank you very much for that. maybe ill do that once i get a nice contour. i have a not so nice one right now :cry:

bake???

bake???

ok so why do you bake them in the oven though? that just seems strange to me...

ohhh... well thanks for not being a dick and explaining this to me.:cool:

suggesting...

suggesting...

you car looks really nice but my eyes keep moving to the holes where the license plate frame used to be attached you could fill those holes with bondo or something or the sort and then just have that area painted. idk im weird about the details.

No inspection in michigan.

First the knauberize questions, now hightowers. These are two of the most talked about mods on here, one 30 second search would have given you more then enough info for you question! I am not being a dick, thats just the way it is.

yeah true.

but hey, it gave someone something to do...right? :shrug:

i for one think search features are very hard to use 4/5 times i cant find what im looking for with them. so why not help the guy

I just typed in "hightower" and got ohhhh i dont know, like 4 pages of results. Sometimes the search is tricky, but in this case it was not. Besides it gets old seeing the same old threads over and over again.

No inspection in michigan.

First the knauberize questions, now hightowers. These are two of the most talked about mods on here, one 30 second search would have given you more then enough info for you question! I am not being a dick, thats just the way it is.

Read much?

chill out guys. its not a big deal. theres no prize for being right here. and no glory or ego either.

I just typed in "hightower" and got ohhhh i dont know, like 4 pages of results. Sometimes the search is tricky, but in this case it was not. Besides it gets old seeing the same old threads over and over again.
Of which most are probably irrelevant and a pain to sort through for a 2 second answer.

thank you very much for that. maybe ill do that once i get a nice contour. i have a not so nice one right now :cry:

Hey why not do the Hightower to your car??? always good to learn about it on a POS car than when you get a nice Contour or Mystique and ruin it??? and by the way it will only make your car look better! My first pair of hightowers came out pretty good and my second came out PERFECT......
If your lights are HAZED or YELLOW search how to wetsand them back to new/almost new condition and then search how to hightower them!

- Amyn

yea im right with devanmc, i dont know much about cars and the engine, but i want to learn and i wish i new everything about them

Back