• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2011 sz *!post pics here - post pics here - post pics here!*

Yeah the Si's in Group B were fast. Thanks to Malcolm for putting my beginner azz in the intermediate class...lol....made me faster quicker though!! I didnt wanna get run over...so I pushed my Falken tires hard! And I overdrove my junk stock brakes and went for a nice mow of the lawn...and didnt even have my ipod playing while mowing either :( lmao. I think I did fine for my first time until the grass and mud run...I was 118-120mph down the back stretch before the kink most laps.

I had a GREAT time! Thanks again Malcolm and LUCA for inviting me!

Yeah the Si's in Group B were fast. Thanks to Malcolm for putting my beginner azz in the intermediate class...lol....made me faster quicker though!! I didnt wanna get run over...so I pushed my Falken tires hard! And I overdrove my junk stock brakes and went for a nice mow of the lawn...and didnt even have my ipod playing while mowing either :( lmao. I think I did fine for my first time until the grass and mud run...I was 118-120mph down the back stretch before the kink most laps.

I had a GREAT time! Thanks again Malcolm and LUCA for inviting me!

damn dude, I was hitting that area at about 100....no wonder you went off the track LMAO!

It was either I go in the intermediate group or you :laugh:

Yeah I know. I was fine till my brakes faded...they are JUNK now....the rotors are warped and blued like hell. And my EBC greenstuff pads got so hot they started seperating from the backing plates and got a few stress cracks. I just got new drilled and slotted rotors from gomach1 (FSVT front and CSVT front ones for the rear)....well until pole120 starts selling his Cobra kit. These are gonna be sweet looking once I get my stock calipers back from powdercoating! Cant wait! And I ordered Aeroquip brake lines today. Got Hawk pads coming too.

Yeah I was pushing it WAY too hard...thats how I get...go big or go home. And those big mph runs only happened when I came outta the carousel turn with the right momentum....that turn worried me the most for some reason...prob. because I kept sliding on my leather seat and couldnt get comfortable to push that corner like I wanted! So if I decide to make this car a weekend road course bruiser...I may go with some cloth race buckets.

i have a video of a ride-along with him. i have to do a little editing before i post it as per his request.

I just don't want my name on youtube, post the good parts!. The guy in the Lotus may not want it all over the internet him getting run over by a Contour! But that might be fun too.
Rob

I just don't want my name on youtube, post the good parts!. The guy in the Lotus may not want it all over the internet him getting run over by a Contour! But that might be fun too.
Rob

Can't wait to see the video Rob, nice touch on the blacked out wheels as well...

Oh those are 17s?? I glanced at the sidewall even....lol....couldnt remember. Thought they were 18s....just the brakes make it look that way. I like my 17s cause they are light....dont want a bunch of rotating weight...thats why I was confused. Josh.....the PRT car is one BAD mutha...cant wait to see the taillights again someday!! lmao

Been thinking...what if we drill the hubs out for a different bolt pattern with more wheel options?? 4x108 is kinda a weird pattern to find alot of lightweight race wheels for...and put hardened Moroso studs or something like my Moser axles in my stang? I know you would have to drill the rotors too...but can and should this be done?

Go big or go home 17x9! Then you can put some real meat on there. You've got to have the clearance after all the work you did

I've got plenty of clearance. :) Chris. I couldn't email the file of your run, so I'm working on uploading somewhere for download.

I was 118-120mph down the back stretch before the kink most laps.

I also was not close to those numbers... my speedometer said I was 105-107 on my fastest laps, but the GPS on my Trackmaster said I topped out at 101. This makes sense to me since my speedometer is higher by 2-3 mph at 60.

Mine is right on with my GPS. I didnt go that fast lap after lap consistently...just when I got around the carousel good. I know 115+ consistently down the back straight though.

To be clear that was not me. The Si s in B group were fast.
Damned right we were! I purposely didn't bring a stopwatch because I thought it would have adverse affects to my safety and brake longevity. If I had a clock to race against I'm sure I would have found the tires somewhere late in the day.

Regarding speeds down the back stretch I hit 107 a lot which was into the limiter in 4th. There was more track but I tried early on shifting into 5th and then downshifting to 4th for the kink but even with proper heal toe it was a little unsettling to be doing that type of footwork right at entry. So I just decided to burn some oil through it all day long.

I need to take a look at my pads this weekend, I know I carbonized every bit of lube I had on them from the heat. Pretty sure the pads held upto it fine (carbotechs) but boy did I build up some dusting. Rotors only had 1 week of bedding in them but they held up with no warping and I wasn't being nice to the brakes.

How fast were people taking T1? My biggest scares happened through it because I was having fun late braking & apexing there. While I was still on my allseasons I passed the final outside cone doing 92 and trailbraked into it on the outside and had the rear end slip a bunch. Last run of the day exiting the pits my rear slicks weren't cleaned off and even though I wasn't upto speed soon as I touched the brakes the rear end stepped out pretty big and caught me off-guard. Easily saved though. So much fun out there that day.

Back