• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transaxle Mount or Resistor? 99 V6 Contour

AFLNTRPRZ

New CEG'er
I am new to this! However i just acquired a 99 Contour V6 Automatic. I am needing the mount that attaches in front bottom on crossmember? Any ideas how to remove or even find the mount or insert? As i was tightening my O2 sensor from the bottom the engine transaxle moves. It moves from the mount i described. I tried removing the mount. loosened the center bolt the two frame bolts, seems the cooling fans are in the way to remove bracket. Put back as is. Please help. I read alot of this stuff. Now i needed to Post.

Replacement inserts for the roll restictors are available from many parts sources (aftermarket).

The fun part is getting the old assembly out so you can replace the insert.

Steve

Are you sure it's bad? Some small amount of movement is normal if you pull on motor saying by torqueing up a part. Get under there and shine a light on it, if crumblies coming off it or visibly torn it's renew time.

Yes. Definetely sure it is bad. As I was trying to remove bracket the rubber insert is just dangling in there, but stiil attached some how? Thanks, for the info! I will try to tackle it again. It is just sitting on there with no center bolt, due to the rubber insert is cockeyed now and believed it or not is pinched pretty good it does not vibrate. Still uncomfortable driving like that.

Motor won't fall out, if you're concerned about that. In fact, you are now duplicating a Focus setup. Focus has exact same engine but has no front restrictor at all, only rear. I personally feel that's why motor is a little more buzzy than Contour one is.

They also have a mount on the front end of the engine (passenger side of car) that almost universally collapses by 60k miles.

Did you get your front roll resistor out? I am having trouble with my 97 2.5 ATX.

Ray

Roll Resistor Front

Roll Resistor Front

Hi, YES. I did get it out! I remove the battery tray and the tray under that also held on with 10mm bolts under Black Distribution Box. Just slide it out of the way without cracking it. Then i was able to loosen the mount from the subframe and the Bracket to engine. Came out easy from top. Then just pry the tabs with a screwdriver. I inserted the the bracket to the mount out of vehicle. Insert the hrough Bolt at this time also not tight.Then inserted from the top again. Put the bolts to the frame then attach the bracket to engine. Then tighten up. Replace battery trays. Fairly easy, Just time.

or just do it from under the car... but I don't have the stupid plastic guard that goes between the bumper and subframe...

Back