• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Honed 3 liter UIM ?

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
Searched but didn't find the answer. Are there any significant power benefits to using and extrude honing the stock (metal) UIM from the 3.0 vs. the SVT UIM?

Searched but didn't find the answer. Are there any significant power benefits to using and extrude honing the stock (metal) UIM from the 3.0 vs. the SVT UIM?

Nobody has ever done it. But if done...it would flow some good numbers. But most people now pick up newer engines where the 04 UIM already flows great numbers.

Be the first.. get one honed:shrug:

i know about the st220s. i just didnt know there was a regular metal one. hmm..:ponder: are they the same size volume-wise as the newer plastic ones?
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=47811&highlight=intake

these are other pictures Joe took of the manifold. as you can see its a "split port" style manifold.

forsale107.jpg

forsale110.jpg

If you are staying split port the 3l uim is better. Peoe think the svt is better just cause it says svt on it

There was a honed one on taurusclub.com for sale when I was trying to sell my powder coated one.

Just look at getting a 04 UIM. Flows the best besides the ST220 and it is plastic so it doesn't get heat soak as much as the metal ones.

Just look at getting a 04 UIM. Flows the best besides the ST220 and it is plastic so it doesn't get heat soak as much as the metal ones.

He wouldn't be able to use a oval port intake if that is his current intake. He has split ports if that intake bolts up to his engine.

He wouldn't be able to use a oval port intake if that is his current intake. He has split ports if that intake bolts up to his engine.

Didn't even think of that....doh.

But from another thread....just throwing this out there
Intake manifold cfm flow
SVT = 182 cfm
Max EH - 198 cfms
Taurus 01 - 210 cfms
Taurus o4 = 223 cfms
st220 = 236 or 238 cfms

Didn't even think of that....doh.

But from another thread....just throwing this out there
Intake manifold cfm flow
SVT = 182 cfm
Max EH - 198 cfms
Taurus 01 - 210 cfms
Taurus o4 = 223 cfms
st220 = 236 or 238 cfms

now if he does get it extrude honed...he would be flowing from 226-240 cfms. :shrug:

Remember the stock SE manifold when sent to Extrude honed..is maxed out to 198 cfm flow. Even though it flows 168-170cfm stock.

now if he does get it extrude honed...he would be flowing from 226-240 cfms. :shrug:

Remember the stock SE manifold when sent to Extrude honed..is maxed out to 198 cfm flow. Even though it flows 168-170cfm stock.

Then get a group buy going for the people on here! :drool: But do we know the velocity of the air going threw these things?

04-05 escape flows the best. then 04/05 taurus. all under the st220. of course you have to take heat soak into consideration as well with the aluminum vs. plastic.

Back