• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Honed 3 liter UIM ?

so are you gonna go public with what happened to your current motor? i heard it started consuming tons of oil or something? our dyno battles are on hold? wtf! :D

I live less than an hour from EH.
I'm REALLY thinking of taking in the ST220 in my basement for this GB.
The question then becomes, is there an aluminum 3L oval port LIM to have ported to match an EH ST220 UIM?
-J

There was a honed one on taurusclub.com for sale when I was trying to sell my powder coated one.

I have Joe's taurus intake and I here are some pics of it. I did think about Extrude honing it with the group buy but I don't want the powder coating to get messed up.....

after Joe Powder coated let me tell you it makes me wet in the pants...
redintake1.jpg

stock un-powder coated
redintake7.jpg

Why dint you just port match the plastic lower to the st220?
Would depend on the size of an EH ST220 port and the size of a plastic LIM but I don't see that being possible :shrug:
If I did this the oval port heads would have some port work also with SVT cams---looking for a 7000rpm 3L :laugh:.
-J

I live less than an hour from EH.
I'm REALLY thinking of taking in the ST220 in my basement for this GB.
The question then becomes, is there an aluminum 3L oval port LIM to have ported to match an EH ST220 UIM?
-J

IIRC the st220 LIM was alum. Why not shave away the plastic lim..to make it larger? :shrug:

I think this obsession with huge amounts of CFMs...Is not right. Volumetric efficiency is going right out the window.

IIRC the st220 LIM was alum. Why not shave away the plastic lim..to make it larger? :shrug:

I think this obsession with huge amounts of CFMs...Is not right. Volumetric efficiency is going right out the window.

i finally agree with you!

you guys are missing the point in why the 3L split port manifold is NOT as good as the SVT manifold. its runners are not equal length.

you guys are missing the point in why the 3L split port manifold is NOT as good as the SVT manifold. its runners are not equal length.

they look pretty close to equal length to me.
forsale107.jpg

If I had to guess why it isn't as good as the svt I'd say 1. not extrude honed. 2. does not have seperate short and long runners

That 3L UIM EX-honed and the fake runner splits they added were removed. That would make it a great substitute for a st220 uim.

That 3L UIM EX-honed and the fake runner splits they added were removed. That would make it a great substitute for a st220 uim.

I agree. now for the ex hone.... hmmm....
ST 220 courtesy of Bimini LX
P1010010-2.jpg

Taurus
forsale107.jpg

is it me or do the bolts differ too much to convert the taurus intake to oval port?

duh..i forgot the bolt patterns are different :blackeye:
IDK how much material there is to work with on the UIM, but you might be able to taper it going to the split ports, instead of having just a flat bar between them.

Why's everyone obsessed with rpms? Look at the lemans corvette c6r it goes 200 mph makes over 500 hp an shifts a 4700 rpms

Why's everyone obsessed with rpms? Look at the lemans corvette c6r it goes 200 mph makes over 500 hp an shifts a 4700 rpms

large displacment V8 =/= small high reving V6

apples to oranges. large V8's can't typically rev as high as a smaller V6.

so are you gonna go public with what happened to your current motor? i heard it started consuming tons of oil or something? our dyno battles are on hold? wtf! :D

Not sure what happend, the car burned 6litres of oil in 3 weeks and then went kaboom. I didn't know I was actually shooting oil out of my exhaust:shocked:. From Oct2008 until now I have only gotten to drive my SVT 3 weeks :cry:. The car is now at LivinSVT's house getting a new motor and some other work done to it:cool:. When he has time hopefully he will tear apart my old motor and take pictures of what happend etc. Yes our dyno battle is on hold :(.

Aaron

Umm the point I was making is a stock vette makes peak power at 6500 rpms. Which is higher than a straight 3l which is usually 5800 rpms or so. The cr6 is 4700. There's obviously a reason They made it like that an no point in having a car rev to 7k rpms if you can make the power at a lower rpm. Less rpms = longer lasting motor

Back