• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The speedo is driving me nuts

Dyoel182

Addicted CEG'er
Anyone else unhappy with the speedo being off by a few mph? It seems silly that with 215/50/16 tires still on the car I'm off by 3mph because these tires are 24.4" whereas the KDWs were 24.5".

the speedo on my last svt was off real bad no matter what set of wheels and tires i had on it. it actually was the closest with the 19's:crazy:

It was especially fun when I had two gps units going along with the scangauge. Set the cruise to "65" and the gps said 62 whereas the scanguage said 60-61 which basically makes the mpg function worthless.

Well its just silly that I'm off by .1 inch and its off by 3mph. I've never seen that big of a difference on a car without the oem tires.

I'm just gonna deal with it until I get new tires and try to find one that gets me that 24.5" the speedo is obviously expecting.

With 215/50/16's my svt was 10mph off. Now I have 225/60/16's since I'm only driving on the highway with these tires, and I'm 5 off now.:nonono: I just got used to it.

Well, wouldn't it be causing the milage to go up faster on our cars than what it actually is? Causing warrenties to be considered null when they should be valid.

Take a look at this free tire size calculator. This should tell you what size of tire you need to get the speedometer accurate - OR - how inaccurate it is now with your present size of tires.

That doesnt help when both tire sizes are 215/50/16. The issue is that the oem performance tires overall height is .1" smaller than my current tire even though its listed as the same size.

Back