• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. imurdaddytoosport (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
2. j0stev01
3. Brent 372 (interested)
4. Harrry
5. boumacj (no lighted switch, auto open, auto close)
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
10. contourSVT99 (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close )
11. Gorman (no lighted switch)
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (auto open AND auto close)
15. SVTGT350 (Lighted switch, auto open AND auto close)
16. Chas (no switch, auto open AND auto close)
17. Sleepr - option 1 (full meal deal)
18. LilCe98 (auto open and close)
19. dannimarieiro - (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close )

1. imurdaddytoosport (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
19. dannimarieiro - (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close )
20. BAD SVT- the works. option 1

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
19. dannimarieiro - (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close ) -PAIDED
20. BAD SVT- the works. option 1

payment sent check your pm

Update

Update

So some people seemed to not like the idea that you cannot stop the sunroof halfway, but there are two options to stop this.

1) You can just get the auto open or auto close so you can stop it or...

2) You can just start to open it and turn off the ignition. This will stop the sunroof halfway. I know this is sort of a weird way and not too practical, but hey it works if you ever need it opened halfway.

i know this works on the windows.... has anyone tried pressing the open, to open the sunroof..... then pressing open again to make it stop ? ....G.

Update

Update

I will be getting the rest of the parts in this week for this. For all of those who have pm'd me in the past and that are on the list and haven't gotten one I'll be pm'ing you as soon as I get the parts.

If anyone else is interested please PM me.

i never even thought of that. personally, i've never even partially opened my moonroof before i installed the hightowers. either i fully open the moonroof back or if i want it open a little bit i just vent it up and i think that is enough of a "partial" opening for me.

i never even thought of that. personally, i've never even partially opened my moonroof before i installed the hightowers. either i fully open the moonroof back or if i want it open a little bit i just vent it up and i think that is enough of a "partial" opening for me.
Hi, do you remember what the wire colors and positions on the motor plug were ? ..G.

Hi, do you remember what the wire colors and positions on the motor plug were ? ..G.

i can pull my overhead console to check but the colors listed in my howto and in hightower's howto matched exactly to the wiring in my car. if u check both thats how my wiring is colored. when i first did the install, i didn't run into any issues with colors being different. were u still having trouble with the install? can u take a pic of your motor and the plugs wiring layout. maybe seeing it would help to determine just how different your wires are

i checked my diagram. the location of the yellow wire on the harness is swapped w/ another wire but make sure you just follow the color codes. i am going to change the diagram so nobody has confusion.

sorry for any confusion i caused. I had a problem with the wiring and i was just going through everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure i had everything straight. Part of the problem was i was probably rushing as i had other much more important jobs to be fixing and when it didn't work first time it just made me frustrated. I have put this to one side while i deal with my power loss and engine bucking issues and i will come back to it when i can take my time and think clearly. thanks for the replies and i'll post up when i get it running... really looking forward to that... g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back