• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know how it goes and sorry I forgot about you haha
i'll tell you how it goes you idiot. I have now discovered why i have been having problems getting this moonroof mod to work. I have discovered the links inside the relays you cut. Mate, your timing is off since i've had enough to contend with lately. I would just like to warn others that this stupid prangster has a silly streak running through him and you better check anything he sends you thoroughly. ....G.

i'll tell you how it goes you idiot. I have now discovered why i have been having problems getting this moonroof mod to work. I have discovered the links inside the relays you cut. Mate, your timing is off since i've had enough to contend with lately. I would just like to warn others that this stupid prangster has a silly streak running through him and you better check anything he sends you thoroughly. ....G.

What reason would he have to cut them intentionally?

i cannot second guess that. You can bet your last dollar that i am 100% sure before i spoke publicly. I pm'ed him a few days ago (to discuss things privately) and he's been online several times to my knowledge, i've had no reply. Maybe because i offer electrical advice he thought he'd test me out ?? since his little scam to get me to pay $60 shipping didn't work. Whatever.. in my eyes he's lost his cred.... G.

i cannot second guess that. You can bet your last dollar that i am 100% sure before i spoke publicly. I pm'ed him a few days ago (to discuss things privately) and he's been online several times to my knowledge, i've had no reply. Maybe because i offer electrical advice he thought he'd test me out ?? since his little scam to get me to pay $60 shipping didn't work. Whatever.. in my eyes he's lost his cred.... G.

Funny.... I don't think anyone else had a problem with these at all. I bought 2 sets and both were great. Also haven't seen any other negative feedback at all. It is possible that you got faulty relays

Why the hell would I open the relay and cut something? I've sold over 15 of these and none have had problems. I also did respond to your pm's and discussed this with you. The $60 for shipping is what the lady quoted me for a box sent to the UK, so I shipped it in a jiffy bag and it was all taken care of for only $3 more than other people sent me for shipping so that was not a scam one bit. People who have bought the kit please chime and and explain to him how helpful I was with you people and that none of your relays were cut inside; this is a total joke.

Funny.... I don't think anyone else had a problem with these at all. I bought 2 sets and both were great. Also haven't seen any other negative feedback at all. It is possible that you got faulty relays
no i've been very careful to check things out. Both relays had both internal links snapped.... i have photo's. I also know the difference between bulbs and lamps ..if you get me. The quality of the crimping is poor because the tool used is actually banned in the electrical industry over here cos the connections it makes are known to fail and can cause fires. Members might want to double check their relays for loose and high resistance joints.... G.

I had a problem with mine, and when I found it and made a suggestion on how to fix it (I had one of the first ones shipped) he implemeneted it.
My issues was the connectors on the relay to the wires we had to quick splice. I had one of the quick-connectors sliped off.
I recommend he solder them, and he did on the rest.

So I can tell you he does listen to suggestions and complaints from his customers.
Hell I even got a bad switch and he pulled the one right out of his car and sent it to me, without even asking for additional shipping.

As far as I am concerned, he is rated an A+ !!!

i can assure you this was not an oversight... this has been a deliberate act by someone. I would like to discuss this in the open so everyone can make up their own minds. It's gone midnight here and i'm off to bed. I look forward to the comments of one particular person ... G.

Why the hell would I open the relay and cut something? I've sold over 15 of these and none have had problems. I also did respond to your pm's and discussed this with you. The $60 for shipping is what the lady quoted me for a box sent to the UK, so I shipped it in a jiffy bag and it was all taken care of for only $3 more than other people sent me for shipping so that was not a scam one bit. People who have bought the kit please chime and and explain to him how helpful I was with you people and that none of your relays were cut inside; this is a total joke.
i didn't see this reply last night.. when was this inserted ? I can assure you both relays had both internal links snapped. To look at them you would never know. This is not a joke and i am not amused by this one tiny bit. I could have bought those relays locally, but i thought i was helping a member make a few bucks. Anyone with any sense would know that it wouldn't cost $60 to ship two tiny relays. The jiffy bag situation only came about after i told you i wasn't interested unless the shipping situation changed, the pm's show this clearly. I can think of only two possible ways this could have happened; either you did this or someone at your place did this to you. I hope that now it is public, nothing like this will happen to anyone else. I'm going to make some inquiries this weekend and i'll let everyone know what i find out next week. If you didn't do this then i would try to find out who did this to you.... G.

i didn't see this reply last night.. when was this inserted ? I can assure you both relays had both internal links snapped. To look at them you would never know. This is not a joke and i am not amused by this one tiny bit. I could have bought those relays locally, but i thought i was helping a member make a few bucks. Anyone with any sense would know that it wouldn't cost $60 to ship two tiny relays. The jiffy bag situation only came about after i told you i wasn't interested unless the shipping situation changed, the pm's show this clearly. I can think of only two possible ways this could have happened; either you did this or someone at your place did this to you. I hope that now it is public, nothing like this will happen to anyone else. I'm going to make some inquiries this weekend and i'll let everyone know what i find out next week. If you didn't do this then i would try to find out who did this to you.... G.

i dont really know what this guy's point is, but its really unreasonable that this guy would sabotage his product on purpose. why would he waste more time with the product to make it not work?

Either way, the one i got works perfectly. no hitches, works just perfectly. if you are looking at buying one of these i would not hesitate one minute. these are great kits

i dont really know what this guy's point is, but its really unreasonable that this guy would sabotage his product on purpose. why would he waste more time with the product to make it not work?

Either way, the one i got works perfectly. no hitches, works just perfectly. if you are looking at buying one of these i would not hesitate one minute. these are great kits
Totally agree, mine works awesome. I dont see why he would cut something then ship it to someone and have them leave bad feedback on a product he came up with. Just does not make sense to me. I would not hesitate to buy something from him again though.

The whole shipping thing is ridiculous that you think I would try to overcharge you because I don't have experience in shipping products to the UK so I didn't know a jiffy bag was cheaper. If you ask all the CEG'ers who bought my products the first 5 or so went out in a box and then I started to use jiffy bags especially for the people who were in Canada and you just happened to be the only one in the UK.

Thanks you guys for backing me up who bought the kit because you know I did not cut anything on the relays internally. All yours have worked perfectly and I have been extremely fast on replying to PM's and I will continue to do so. Anyone who buys the kit in the future you don't have to worry because yours is going to work just like it worked for everyone else.

I can assure you both relays had both internal links snapped.

links "snapped" as in cut mechanically or could they have been electrically shorted and fried. This thread is too long now to read back over all but didn't you have problems installing these because of different color codes Mondeo -vs- Contour. Maybe they were hooked up wrong and links fried?

Did you hook up both relays in same non-operating way thinking the first relay was defective? Thereby both relays got fried the same?

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back