• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that everyone's getting the relays required, is anyone going to figure out how to get the moonroof to close with the central locking/alarm keyfob system ? All it takes is a pulse to the close relay.. doesn't it ? ....G.
correct, it should only take a pulse to the auto close relay. the only problem is that if its already closed i think that pulse would open the vent.

maybe we could connect the pulse feed to the n/o contact on the limit switch. Then, it won't open the vent when the moonroof is closed. One thing... i don't know where the limit switch is ..anyone ? ...G.

1. imurdaddytoosport (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
2. j0stev01
3. Brent 372 (interested)
4. Harrry
5. boumacj (no lighted switch, auto open, auto close)
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
10. contourSVT99 (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close )
11. Gorman (no lighted switch)
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (auto open AND auto close)
15. SVTGT350 (Lighted switch, auto open AND auto close)
16. Chas (no switch, auto open AND auto close)
17. Sleepr - option 1 (full meal deal)
18. LilCe98 (auto open and close)

Still on track for starting them in the next couple of weeks when I get home. Actually, I might be starting them here at school so it would be sooner. I am going to do this in two batches so I'll keep everyone posted through this and PMs.

I have all the parts ordered right now and I am going to be doing this in two batches. The way that I am going to take dibs on who gets them first is by having people PM me. I don't see any other way fairer so the first 10 people who contact me via PM's will be part of the first batch of kits. The reason I am doing this and not the first 10 who signed up on the list is because if you PM me then I know you're going to pay for sure and I'm not stuck with too many kits. The second batch is going to come really quick after the first one so it's not like if you're not on the list then you won't get it for a long time. I am very impatient about things so I want to make sure I do all of this in a timely fashion for you guys.

So send me some PM's.

All ready to go!

All ready to go!

These kits are ready to go and I am assembling them now. I will start shipping them asap to the people have PM'd me. If you haven't yet and want to make sure you PM me to figure out the details.

Below is a video of how it works. Sorry I didn't realize the music was playing nor did I realize it says something about a sunroof open as the sunroof opens... haha

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/contoursvt93/?action=view&current=MVI_4248.flv

This is probably the best mod I have ever done; not even going to lie!

i have to agree with the auto open being the best mod ive done. and while i wont be buying one of your setups, since i already have the auto open, i am definitely going to be making an auto closed relay as soon as i get home, if not sooner.

i have to agree with the auto open being the best mod ive done. and while i wont be buying one of your setups, since i already have the auto open, i am definitely going to be making an auto closed relay as soon as i get home, if not sooner.

It's definitely the best thing that I have done. If you need a lighted switch hit me up because I have a few, but if not... enjoy the mod; I know it is the best.

hey guys im late to the game but I still want to play :)'ill take an auto open / close with light please (this is going to be awesome)everytime I open the roof it is very clear that something needs to be done about that setuphas anyone ever done anything with the plastic cover before? ... seems like it could be made to do something besides just sit there ...

Got mine today, super easy install w/ pics of every step of the way. Really satisfied with the quality of the product and the quality of the directions. I'd say this is the best mod you could possibly do for the money. Thinking about getting another one for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back