• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your relays work the same as the windows? Quick touch is auto and press and hold for manual? If not then an auto open and auto close kit would be either 100% open or closed? To open roof partial would need auto open only so could partially close on manual.

Do your relays work the same as the windows? Quick touch is auto and press and hold for manual? If not then an auto open and auto close kit would be either 100% open or closed? To open roof partial would need auto open only so could partially close on manual.
You can just touch the button once in the opposite direction and it should stop the roof where it is.

I had a similar question…
Please forgive my ignorance, if this is a stupid question…
But, would I be able to use these on the door windows for auto up and down?
With out doing any research, it would seem to be a very similar application…

You can just touch the button once in the opposite direction and it should stop the roof where it is.

Actually it does not stop, it just auto opens or auto closes. With the relays I have not found a way to make it stop midway. In my opinion it doesn't really matter if it opens halfway or not (I never open it halfway) when you can just vent it. If you ask people who have done this mod they would tell you the automatic open/close is worth it compared to being able to open it halfway.

There is one way you can get around this. If you get ONLY the auto open or auto close kit it will stop halfway if you press the opposite direction button. However, if you choose to get the auto open and auto close kit this is not possible.

I installed this Monday and I didn't even realize this. It doesn't really matter though because I dont know to many people who drive around with a sunroof half open. I've always done just vent or full open on the sunroof. definently worth it

I had a similar question…
Please forgive my ignorance, if this is a stupid question…
But, would I be able to use these on the door windows for auto up and down?
With out doing any research, it would seem to be a very similar application…

good question, I'm wondering this, too...

Actually it does not stop, it just auto opens or auto closes. With the relays I have not found a way to make it stop midway. In my opinion it doesn't really matter if it opens halfway or not (I never open it halfway) when you can just vent it. If you ask people who have done this mod they would tell you the automatic open/close is worth it compared to being able to open it halfway.

There is one way you can get around this. If you get ONLY the auto open or auto close kit it will stop halfway if you press the opposite direction button. However, if you choose to get the auto open and auto close kit this is not possible.
ah, I didnt think about what having the auto close relay in would do as well.

Ok that is what I thought. Are your open and close relays identical? Because I only see an auto open option, no auto close only option. If I maintain one way manual control prefer it on the open so emergency (rain) closure can be by single touch.

One of the great things about this setup is that WHEN your sunroof motor dies, you don't have to redo everything. Only the 2 connections on the motor itself :)

if you want your sunroof motor to be able to open only halfway just order 1 relay and then you will be able 2 do it. Personally I think its pointless to have a sunroof half open. Which is why I got both directions

if you want your sunroof motor to be able to open only halfway just order 1 relay and then you will be able 2 do it. Personally I think its pointless to have a sunroof half open. Which is why I got both directions

If you want an auto close or auto open ONLY you can PM me for that. Same price price either auto open or auto close because it uses the same relay setup.

Well I got mine all wired up and installed. I hit the button to open and the majic worked !!! Then I hit it once to close.. and it worked too.
I open it again, then I go to close it and nothing... This time I have to hold the button down to close.
UGH.
Time to take it all out and see what came disconnected :confused:

Well I got mine all wired up and installed. I hit the button to open and the majic worked !!! Then I hit it once to close.. and it worked too.
I open it again, then I go to close it and nothing... This time I have to hold the button down to close.
UGH.
Time to take it all out and see what came disconnected :confused:

After he figured out what came loose he let me know and I will make sure this doesn't happen to anybody again! So don't worry; it's an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back