• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVTURBO 3L Build

thast the whole piont of the 3l swap...
you put the stuff from the 2.5 on the 3.0 because the blocks are almost identical...
u need to do more research on this

Another thing is, ask them to take the valve covers off and see if there is sludge in there and take pics. I know some members have been screwed over by places that have sold them sludged up engines.

Another thing is, ask them to take the valve covers off and see if there is sludge in there and take pics. I know some members have been screwed over by places that have sold them sludged up engines.

he speaks truth, never had it happen to me, but I have seen some sluged up engines. heck, the dead 2.5 I yanked from my cougar chassis had what seemed to be black plastic in every oil gally....

Cant wait: (newb) from this site is making me a plug and play harness with COP plus red valve covers
headers and y-pipe are on there way
motor is being sent out monday

ill be washing the car on the weekend , just removed the door ding guards(ill take some pics for an update)

Did you order the 04 Escape engine? If so, good choice! When you get the engine check out the fuel rail, it may need to be modified. Mine is from an 06 Escape and I ended up needing to shorten the fuel rail by a few inches so it would clear the motor mount. There was a fuel pressure sensor on the end that I cut off. I had the end welded and it's been good ever since. Also there was a part inside the rail that I removed when I shortened it.

Just a heads up, the fewer surprises the better.

I think you get the 02 rail and flip it around and then plug the NPG kit into it. fun fact, the npg kits quick connect threads onto the hose end, so you'll never have to fight those idiot "quick" connects again, just leave the blue part in the rail and unthread the couplings when you need to work on it.

also, FWI, MAKE SURE JOEY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT FUEL RAIL YOU HAVE SO HE SHIPS YOU THE RIGHT QUICK CONNECT....

anybody know where i can get a good how to mod the fuel rail

As long as your rail has the pressure sensor on the end then it's just a matter of shortening it. I don't know if there is a how to specifically for this rail because I don't think a lot of people end up using it, but I could be wrong.

What I did was figure out how much of the end needed to be removed, I first cut as close as possible to the end to remove the round cap looking piece that makes up the stock end. After this piece was removed I removed the tube looking part that is in the fuel rail, mine simply slid out. Next I cut another piece off that also removed the pressure sensor, you won't need this pressure sensor if you are using the NPG fuel rail mod. After this I cleaned up the end cap piece and the end of the fuel rail so the remaining end cap piece could be fit into the end of the fuel rail that was cut.

After the rail and the end piece seemed to have a good fit I took it to an experienced welder and he welded the end cap back on the fuel rail. I wasn't comfortable welding this and the guy only charged me 20 bucks, so it seemed to be worth it. I have had no leaks or issues with the rail so far.

Does that make sense? I'm assuming the rail you are dealing with is identical to my 06 Escape rail. I may be able to provide you with some more pics, here's a pic of what was in the rail, scroll down a little the pics are attachments to one of my posts.
Inside Escape rail

I have an idea... what if you just cut the rail, flared it, and got the other gender of quick connect that fits into flared tubing??? bit simpler than welding fuel lines isnt it? #49 found a flair tool at lowes sufficient for doing this kind of work....

anybody have the diameter of the escape rail? I just used an 02 taurus rail that I bent the right way with a tube bender...

heres picture of the motor (just got it unwrapped)04 escape with 69,000 miles

d3d4aadf.jpg

e6fdf1fe.jpg

b947b9b2.jpg

270dfb64.jpg

7003e513.jpg

Everybody is talking about shortening the escape fuel rail for the pressure sensor.... why?? Just take the sensor off and put a block off plate there? Or if you really don't care, just leave it on... it's not going to do anything. The only purpose for the sensor is to allow for the ECM to regulate the pump flow. I'd say leave it or block it, but don't mess with cutting it and less your really want too. Your UIM is going to cover it up anyway... assuming you use a 3L manifold.

Everybody is talking about shortening the escape fuel rail for the pressure sensor.... why?? Just take the sensor off and put a block off plate there? Or if you really don't care, just leave it on... it's not going to do anything. The only purpose for the sensor is to allow for the ECM to regulate the pump flow. I'd say leave it or block it, but don't mess with cutting it and less your really want too. Your UIM is going to cover it up anyway... assuming you use a 3L manifold.

good point ..i was going to ask if this motor mount ,will mount to the stock one in the svt it looks like it would.

That's not a '04 escape motor. '03 or older.

are you for sure?any reason how you can tell

now im scared the guy lied to me..i have the paper that says the engine is a 04 escape with 69,000 miles and he wrote it on the engine (im not going to be happy if thats not what i got)

so i did some searching on google and what i could find is that he is right(iac is the wrong way for an 04 ,and the valve covers are normally silver but the black ones come on 03 and older)

are you for sure?any reason how you can tell

now im scared the guy lied to me..i have the paper that says the engine is a 04 escape with 69,000 miles and he wrote it on the engine (im not going to be happy if thats not what i got)

I think he's basing his opinion on the valvecovers, which i believe is accurate. My first swap was from an escape. It was an 03 & had those same valvecovers. Lemmy find a photo...

Edit- Here are photos of my 03 escape engine.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ever/3L010.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ever/3L011.jpg

I think he's basing his opinion on the valvecovers, which i believe is accurate. My first swap was from an escape. It was an 03 & had those same valvecovers. Lemmy find a photo...

Edit- Here are photos of my 03 escape engine.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ever/3L010.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ever/3L011.jpg

photos dont work

and i updated my post lol i did notice that but im wondering if its worth sending it back ..whats the differance between 04 and 03?escape motors

I had to cut a few inches off so the end would clear the Contour motor mount. My 06 rail was too long.

how much trans fluid does the tranny take?

Fill till spill. Fill from the front hole(Hole on radiator side). I think thats around 3-3 1/2 little bottles, not quarts. Do some research on the amt u'll need cuz i'm not 100% positive. As for the photos, sorry about that. I do also think thats an 03 escape engine. Didnt the 04 & newers come with DMDs? ANyone?

Edit- After doing a bit more searching, it seems some 04 escapes did also have the black colored valvecovers. So it really could be an 04 engine u've got there. Unfortunately, i know little about the production numbers & when stuff changed etc...

Back