• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVTURBO 3L Build

they are all the same... your reason for wanting just an excape is silly. you say theyre better luck and look better when its the same exact motor!lol. every 3l is the same, except for the manifolds if your going the full 3l route.
but even with that is doesnt matter since half the stuff is still going on from the 2.5L so i litterelly dont know why youthink they are better. unless u have more money to spend on a motor

Alright while it sounds like I gotta do some more research , thanks

taurus motors are a good fit if doing a full swap.
if not, i would just find the lowest mileage and cheapest 3l: via my link in my previous post.

Escape motors do have their benefits. The oil pan upgrade gets a bit pricey, not to mention the two tranny bolts that dont fit with the taurus pan, the escape timing cover fits in our engine bay, I think I remember the cams are a bit different, the intake manifold is larger. All depends out what you want, and how much you want to pay, but the escape engine is a better starting point.

Your SVT looks great for that many miles

Escape motors do have their benefits. The oil pan upgrade gets a bit pricey, not to mention the two tranny bolts that dont fit with the taurus pan, the escape timing cover fits in our engine bay, I think I remember the cams are a bit different, the intake manifold is larger. All depends out what you want, and how much you want to pay, but the escape engine is a better starting point.

Your SVT looks great for that many miles

all of those things are eiither not nessisary or you already have such as the timing cover. who cares if you gotta unscrew 15 bolts to get the damn thing out. it takes about 5 minutes. and obviously u can save a ton by getting a taurus

For me the escape pan is a must, which runs at least $100 to upgrade to which in some cases is the extra cost for the escape engine. I also wish I didnt have some ugly old used timing cover on a nice clean newer engine, and I could be wrong but you wouldnt have to take the timing cover off therefore leaving the gasket alone. If hes doing a full 3L and not looking to get an ST220 manifold the stock escape manifold is the next best option. Also the fuel rail is slightly larger than the taurus, the list sort of goes on. So I think its unreasonable to say that the escape motor isnt worth the extra $200ish they usually run, all depends on what you can find at what price.

very true what you say. but in my case i didnt care about the pan as the 3l doesnt have a very big rod bearing problem.
and also, check my link. then open a new tab in your browser, and search for escape motors. they are significantly more (unless i missed a few). which for me is not a good deal. but that is me and my oppinion. for all i know he could have 10g's stashed waiting to go into the motor.:laugh:

very true what you say. but in my case i didnt care about the pan as the 3l doesnt have a very big rod bearing problem.
and also, check my link. then open a new tab in your browser, and search for escape motors. they are significantly more (unless i missed a few). which for me is not a good deal. but that is me and my oppinion. for all i know he could have 10g's stashed waiting to go into the motor.:laugh:

lol your close its 12K :laugh: but thats to redo the whole car ...

and quick question i just got the d2 suspension (SKU:D2S-D-FO-13)older version..am i going to need anything else while putting these in.(like top mounts)??

heres a link where i bought them:
http://www.raceinspired.com/p-8660-d2-racing-rs-coilover-damper-kit-ford-contour-1996-2001.aspx

Aboythatskates is giving you a hard time cuz here at CEG, we always go the cheapest route:D. Few if any are willing to spend 12K on our cars. lol

Well, we do have CSVT49 and what he is spending on his car. LOL.

Get the Escape motor if that is what you want. Sure it might cost a little more, but there are all sorts of little things that are upgraded on it that could save you time later on. As for the d2's, I thought I had custom plates for the top of mine. I can't remember anymore. lol

Well, we do have CSVT49 and what he is spending on his car. LOL.

Get the Escape motor if that is what you want. Sure it might cost a little more, but there are all sorts of little things that are upgraded on it that could save you time later on. As for the d2's, I thought I had custom plates for the top of mine. I can't remember anymore. lol

i just got the d2's , seems like somethings missing:shrug:

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

nevermind i figured it out.called d2 and they said they dont make a camber kit for our cars , we have to use the oem mounts

nevermind i figured it out.called d2 and they said they dont make a camber kit for our cars , we have to use the oem mounts

While they don't other companies do. Actually you can by the kit on RockAuto.com (RAYBESTOS Part # 6111156) for $59.99.

Also while I like NPG for their continued work on upgrades for our platforms, their prices on other supplier parts such as Clevite bearings, K1 Technologies rods, and Diamond pistons are extremely over priced. If you want to buy these parts search around on the web. I picked up my bearings for a really good price at http://www.northernautoparts.com/ If you search the Clevite website you can find the correct parts numbers for the rod bearings and main bearings and search Northern's site with those part numbers to find them quickly. Also these part numbers should be available in the 3L parts sticky at the top of this forum...

While they don't other companies do. Actually you can by the kit on RockAuto.com (RAYBESTOS Part # 6111156) for $59.99.

Also while I like NPG for their continued work on upgrades for our platforms, their prices on other supplier parts such as Clevite bearings, K1 Technologies rods, and Diamond pistons are extremely over priced. If you want to buy these parts search around on the web. I picked up my bearings for a really good price at http://www.northernautoparts.com/ If you search the Clevite website you can find the correct parts numbers for the rod bearings and main bearings and search Northern's site with those part numbers to find them quickly. Also these part numbers should be available in the 3L parts sticky at the top of this forum...

does it matter if i get the moog camber kit?looks the same im just fimilar with this brand of product, and heard nothing but good things.i also got new upper front mounts, and rear:cool:
MOOG Part # K80113
MoreInfo2.png
Problem Solver
Adjustment range from -1 to 1 deg.; Front Upper

and they only offer camber kits for the fronts.none for the rears.(dumb questions do i need them in the rears?)

Those are also the new D2s, which wont slam like my older version (in the rear at least) ....looks good though!

Those are also the new D2s, which wont slam like my older version (in the rear at least) ....looks good though!

thanks for letting me know that

just finished putting in the pre 98 center console.my lil guy loves it :laugh:

493bf69f.jpg

HPIM0364.jpg

HPIM0365.jpg

HPIM0365.jpg

HPIM0370.jpg

HPIM0371.jpg

today mod plans are changing brakes,new rotors, putting the coilovers in
heres what see looked like before everything went in

bd40d61b.jpg

678df73a.jpg

9fb36d6b.jpg

heres the photos after everything is done, hope you guys like...i went a lil low but didnt want to go to the ground cuz this is my dd:laugh:its about 3.5 inchs off the ground

14bcf0fb.jpg

16af7819.jpg

2fdca60c.jpg

1fb034d0.jpg

NOTE: my mech. decided to fully remove the sway endlinks in the front cuz he said i didnt need them ...drive amazing NOW!!!

Back