• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVTURBO 3L Build

Fill till spill. Fill from the front hole(Hole on radiator side). I think thats around 3-3 1/2 little bottles, not quarts. Do some research on the amt u'll need cuz i'm not 100% positive. As for the photos, sorry about that. I do also think thats an 03 escape engine. Didnt the 04 & newers come with DMDs? ANyone?

Edit- After doing a bit more searching, it seems some 04 escapes did also have the black colored valvecovers. So it really could be an 04 engine u've got there. Unfortunately, i know little about the production numbers & when stuff changed etc...

it is an 04 escape . he gave me the vin

Fill till spill. Fill from the front hole(Hole on radiator side). I think thats around 3-3 1/2 little bottles, not quarts. Do some research on the amt u'll need cuz i'm not 100% positive. As for the photos, sorry about that. I do also think thats an 03 escape engine. Didnt the 04 & newers come with DMDs? ANyone?

Edit- After doing a bit more searching, it seems some 04 escapes did also have the black colored valvecovers. So it really could be an 04 engine u've got there. Unfortunately, i know little about the production numbers & when stuff changed etc...

it is an 04 escape ..the vin was given to me
so an update , my egr valve is bad on the 2.5L .so i was wondering if you guys think its better to get rid of it ,or fix it.and question if i fix it, is it better to get the escape egr valve or the contour one

here's an update on the car
got a cowl carbon fibre hood (which is going to be painted same colour as the car)
waiting for COP harness to come in from ceg(newb)
waiting for the headers and y-pipe to come with a different kind of coating

fc1d459c.jpg

3fd026ae.jpg

as for the egr, are you going full 3l or portmatched? I cant remember...

with a full 3.0, you can either block it and tune for it (not personally recommended if you plan to run without cats) or if you know a welder or have a welder, you can get a piece of steel or stainless flexible gas line and weld the 3.0 egr to one end, and the 2.5 egr pipe between the dpfe nipples and the manifold bung to the other end.

some people have the pipes welded directly to each other, but this makes pulling the uim into a lot bigger chore, and the 5/8 compression technique leaks everytime you pull the uim...

as for developing your own opinions, research how and why the egr system exists and it's function in relation to fuel economy, spark timing, and NOx output. I dont have any cats at all on my car, so if I had no EGR it would never pass emissions just due to the fact it'd smell like a funnycar in the emissions bay...

little confusion i came across today. would a 2.5L power steering pump fit on the 3L block (i want to keep all the 3l timing due to my 2.5L being at 250,000kms).
and are the motor mounts the same?(they seem to look similar)
should i buy a escape water pump or get a stock 2.5 water pump?

update i just bought a bunch of new parts : thermostat,spark plugs, escape driving belt,and water pump belt,tranny golden fluid, escape belt tensioner, escape idler pulley

i want to use my 2.5L power steering pump and belt tensioner, to do that i would have to keep the 2.5L timing cover.so my question is would the 2.5L timing cover bolt on the 3L

You can use the escape cover, you can only use the ac, tentioner, powersteering, alt and crank, no idler. Ill get a pic off my fb that shows the route. You can use the stock 2.5 ps pump, you have to use the 25 engine mount.

i want to use my 2.5L power steering pump and belt tensioner, to do that i would have to keep the 2.5L timing cover.so my question is would the 2.5L timing cover bolt on the 3L

Yes the 2.5L Timing cover will fit on the 3L. When using the 2.5L timing cover you need to change the pulse wheel to the 2.5L position. I know there is a thread on here with really good pics of what to do, just search for "pulse wheel."

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?73975-pulse-wheel-question&highlight=pulse+wheel

Here is one thread about the pulse wheel with a pic.

Last edited:
You can use the escape cover, you can only use the ac, tentioner, powersteering, alt and crank, no idler. Ill get a pic off my fb that shows the route. You can use the stock 2.5 ps pump, you have to use the 25 engine mount.

that picture will be perfect ..so that being said do i use a svt 2.5L drive belt or a 3L belt?... this cuts down on alot of cost (now i gotta return alot of parts)

heres a little update:
just got this at my door.thank you Joey:)more to come. ill post up pics of the engine going in the car,just havnt had time.
8b094dfc.jpg

a8612313.jpg

9ac5ada0.jpg

772cb423.jpg

8ab0143e.jpg

mmmm shiny

lol i know:pcant wait until it goes in , here are some updated pics. had a couple issues with the fuel rail

svt looks so empty
17f56e6b.jpg

so many rock chips (all highway driving)
3fa78d96.jpg

still remove some 2.5L parts and putting them on the 3L
05253632.jpg

297e1028.jpg

the 3L under the knife(almost done just working on the fuel rail ATM)just made the alternator fit on the 3L, got the harness bolted down where the master fuse is .almost ready to be dropped in
dd30fa48.jpg

what do i do if my fuel rail on the 3L already has a regulator?do i cut it off?i bought joeys fuel mod and he said i need to use my regulator on the 2.5L and then it should just click into the 3L one but the size fitting is to small?please help

heres more progress

old motor :) happy its gone
eea324e0.jpg

heres the sub frame with only the trans
4ceac90e.jpg

heres the new motor almost ready to be bolted up just got to fix up some wiring(doing the cop setup on this 3L
aadab214.jpg

9faafe16.jpg

Back