• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVTURBO 3L Build

marieiro

CEG'er
im going to restore a svt from death. so to start it off im going to do a 3L 04 escape swap. ive looked into the motor options and im going with the easy FULL 3L swap, but when i called LKQ they asked me about what vin do i need????hope someone can help me with that.ive been researching on what parts i need/should change when doing the swap.

parts :
full new gasket kit,plus water pump.
Fuel Rail Mod - http://nautilusperformance.com/perf...category=2181191&mode=product&product=9153744
Clevite 77 - http://nautilusperformance.com/perf...category=2181208&mode=product&product=9153774
Quaife LSD - http://nautilusperformance.com/perf...category=2181199&mode=product&product=9153753

Question: is there anything i should do/or get while the motor is out of the car(will be trying to clean up the motor by powercoating it)

Already done: Focus euro 17" rims, new headlights
Got to do: fix rust(plus touch up paint), get new calipers all around, put in stock fog lights, d2 coilovers, cf hood

here are some photos of the car right now with the stock 2.5L with 250,000(sorry its dark out)will post more pictures when i get a chance
IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

VIN S

if your car is a 99 my 99 Tred-tan is number 0958 :)

my brother has a green csvt i think its 956 (ill have to check)

UPDATE: just called LKQ and they got a 04 escape with 102,000kms for $1400 shipped
d2 suspension comes in friday from ups i hope:laugh:
rotors and new pads come wednesday

...Question: is there anything i should do/or get while the motor is out of the car(will be trying to clean up the motor by powercoating it)

Nice tour man. I like the wheels. Depending on how much u're willing to spend or what's broken, i'll suggest replacing the control arms & front swaybar bushings. Also, it would be the best time to add aftermarket headers. Its a world of hurt installing headers in a contour engine bay with the engine still in it. Trust me on that. And where are u, in Canada?

That engine sounds a bit pricey to me. The escape motors are far pricier than the taurus and sable motors for the most part.

Nice tour man. I like the wheels. Depending on how much u're willing to spend or what's broken, i'll suggest replacing the control arms & front swaybar bushings. Also, it would be the best time to add aftermarket headers. Its a world of hurt installing headers in a contour engine bay with the engine still in it. Trust me on that. And where are u, in Canada?

im going see after i get all the parts for the motor to see if i got money left for control arms and front swaybar bushings , thanks
as for headers i was but im thinking of getting the stage 2 turbo kit , but if i dont get that id get some headers
im in ontario,canada(kitchener/waterloo area)

That engine sounds a bit pricey to me. The escape motors are far pricier than the taurus and sable motors for the most part.

tell me about it. ive been reading some ceger's post and they got motors for like $500-$700 but when i called i found nothing under $1200 with like 140,000 kms

Have you checked www.car-part.com?

That'll let you search junkyards by distance. There should be some good options there if you haven't already checked. Pricing does vary by region but you should be under $1k just about anywhere.

my brother has a green csvt i think its 956 (ill have to check)

UPDATE: just called LKQ and they got a 04 escape with 102,000kms for $1400 shipped
d2 suspension comes in friday from ups i hope:laugh:
rotors and new pads come wednesday

that engine is waay too expensive... get an 05 mazda mpv engine. VIN A or J.

I would do a serious survey of the overall condition of the car before dropping a lot of money into it. Since the car is in Canada and has 250,000 miles on it, rust has to be a big concern at this point. Check your subframes, wheel wells (pull the plastic liners out), gas tank filler neck and pull the side skirts to check for rusty rocker panels. If you find serious rusting going on, scrap the project and find a fresher SVT if that is what you want to mod. Otherwise, you will end up pouring too much money into a car that won't last very long.

I would do a serious survey of the overall condition of the car before dropping a lot of money into it. Since the car is in Canada and has 250,000 miles on it, rust has to be a big concern at this point. Check your subframes, wheel wells (pull the plastic liners out), gas tank filler neck and pull the side skirts to check for rusty rocker panels. If you find serious rusting going on, scrap the project and find a fresher SVT if that is what you want to mod. Otherwise, you will end up pouring too much money into a car that won't last very long.

Sound advice. I'd check all your bushings and things like your axle boots. I found that a lot of the expenses when doing my swap were related to basic maintenance. Take a good look at everything under the front end. More power is basically just giving things that haven't been maintained to well an excuse to break.

thanks everyone on the reply,and for the help ive kind've looked at all those things before sinking so money money into it. the csvt has a new powersteering rack , new axles, ball joints, battery, alternator, custom endlinks sold in the group buy here(forgot what they were called,sorry). only thing im scared about is rust under the side skirts but i think the body shop i go to will take care of all the rust when i repaint the whole car.(so i think)

heres an update on how the car looks in the sun:laugh:(i know she needs to be lower, suspension comes in friday:blackeye:)
NOTE: any advice you guys got just throw it in a reply , you guys are pointing me in the right direction
thanks to everyone

9ff19857.jpg

5471688e.jpg

ab10f067.jpg

b6147907.jpg

Whats the red strip in side the car? And pls tell us you havnt paid for the 3L already... Use the links & websites that've you been referred to by others earlier. The easiest full swaps are the Escape & Mazda MPV. Look for ones between 30 & 60k miles. They should last a long time.

Whats the red strip in side the car? And pls tell us you havnt paid for the 3L already... Use the links & websites that've you been referred to by others earlier. The easiest full swaps are the Escape & Mazda MPV. Look for ones between 30 & 60k miles. They should last a long time.

the only red strip i see on the side of the car is the door ding guards???
and as for buying the motor i have not decided yet.:laugh:exploring my options first and to be clear 30 - 60K miles is equal to 48,000 - 96,000kms:cool:

and from everything ive searched the engines that are going for $300-$700 are taurus and older escape, and mpv motors..so since im looking for a 04 escape motor with roughly 100,000 kms , that would equal out to 12,500 and year which isnt bad. before buying any motor i will be checking the vin to see if it came out of a wrecked car or not(front end damage is what ill be looking at)

why are you only going for escape? theyre all the same

i dont know, just got a good feeling that the escape is the motor for me. ive been reading post about the swaps and ppl have had good luck with escape motors..they got the updated oil pan already. i like the way the overall apperance of the motor , while in the car:cool:

they are all the same... your reason for wanting just an excape is silly. you say theyre better luck and look better when its the same exact motor!lol. every 3l is the same, except for the manifolds if your going the full 3l route.
but even with that is doesnt matter since half the stuff is still going on from the 2.5L so i litterelly dont know why youthink they are better. unless u have more money to spend on a motor

Back