• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

^what he said! Hopefully your setup comes out much lighter than the jag's. I test drove a 2004 3.0 5spd manual sport. It felt about as fast as my SE with headers/exhaust.

^what he said! Hopefully your setup comes out much lighter than the jag's. I test drove a 2004 3.0 5spd manual sport. It felt about as fast as my SE with headers/exhaust.

The whole setup will only be about 150 pounds more than it was in 2wd trim. That will put the weight of the car and driver at less than 3000 pounds.

There's nothing new to show. I'll post pics of new progress as soon as it's made. Right now I have til the end of the month to make a rusty alfa romeo shine bright, and install a roll cage in a beetle. Those two things are going to require a lot of work.

There's nothing new to show. I'll post pics of new progress as soon as it's made. Right now I have til the end of the month to make a rusty alfa romeo shine bright, and install a roll cage in a beetle. Those two things are going to require a lot of work.
:crazy:
rollingsmiley.gif

What's really funny us that they are preparing it for intermediate touring. Crx's and rx7's are going to be flying past them lap after lap. But hey. There paying me to do the job and I'm not going to turn down the money.

i wouldnt laugh too hard.

Beetle.jpg

bet this guy would drive circles around contours!
I think I saw an artical in Road and or Trend about those some kinda cup car with the driver being in the center:shrug:

For a mild steel cage, it's $150 per point. Most cages have at least six points. These are not typical bolt in cages. These are built to a specific rule book.

By the way. The beetle is a 98. I thought that I was going to b working on an older beetle until I got to the customers house.

Back