• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
This is going to be the thread that I dedicate towards my awd build. I will edit this original post with pictures and updated info. I will try to update this as often as possible.
dsc01970.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

so are you just using mondeo and custom fabbed parts or what? it sounds like oyu have mentioned this before, but somehow i've missed it!

lol!

and it is nice to see someone tackling this, but i guess having a car you can chop up makes it that much easier.

Wow, I had a few guesses in my mind but this was not one of them. Guess I don't pay close enough attention.

Great to see someone trying this, it's been long enough coming. Though honestly this project is above 99% of people here, either in scope or cost. The details should be interesting.

To comment on what I see, what materials are you using? The subframe looks good but all of the suspension links look awfully small. Maybe I'm just stuck in the world of 4x4s, but I would expect larger. Especially in rally when it will be abused. Details?

You're using the jag rear diff? all the fab you might as well put a Cobra diff back there

I started revealing my awd build on neco. The suspension is mostly 7/8"x.156 dom. Some of it is steel rod, and the toe links are cromoly. It should be plenty strong enough for a 2900lb race car. I will thoroughly test it of course. Anything not strong enough will be addressed.

Now this thread has a certain depth to it that the one on neco seemed to be missing.

Back