• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

That 84 capri turbo is interesting :cool: I could go for something like that.

Here you go: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/mercury/capri/700384.html

He sure wants a lot of beans for that car. It's cool, though. The GS, though wasn't offered with a V8 -- you could have either a four or a six. For '83, that six was the venerable 3.8. So this car started out life with one of those engines, and the V8 was installed later. Had it come from the factory with the eight, it would be an RS. Bored yet? :cool: :laugh:

What has always amused me about my taste in cars is that I could own about every car I want to for somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 grand. Some people would blow that on one really boring automobile, such as an Infiniti SUV, for example. I would have a stable full of my favorite cars. I like my way. :)

For $50K I can get 1/2 of a superbird.

Or I could get my 70 Buick GS Stage 1.

I could almost find a Noble for 50k :drool:

I would have a...

1979 Mustang Pace Car
1982 Trans Am
1982 Capri White Lightning (really a Black Cat in white -- this was available from the factory)
1984 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1984 Cougar XR7 Turbo
1984 Tempo 5-speed (what a slick 2.3L turbo conversion that would make)
1984 LTD LX
1984 Mustang GT / GT 350
1985 Town Car
1985 Continental Givenchy
1989 Cougar XR7 Supercharged
1991 Taurus SHO
1994 Taurus SHO

I'm sure I've left stuff off (like an '87 Crown Vic), but that at least gives you an idea. Of course, you probably knew anyway. I'm not secretive about my taste in cars. :cool:

84-TurboRS_1.jpg
OHMYGOD!!! MUST HAVE!!! I like that... I should try to find one like that...:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Only thing wrong is the 4 bolt...

The hatch on those looks pretty awkward, otherwise a pretty cool looking car :)

That, sir, is why you can easily swap in a Mustang hatch. For the true purist, you can just buy a '79-'82, where the cars were outfitted with Mustang hatches from the factory. It was not until 1983 that the bubbleback debuted. The Auto Editors of Consumer Guide derided it as an item of "dubious aesthetic merit." I like it, but I much prefer the Mustang hatch. :cool:

I work in the same building as my credit union......I think I need another loan. :laugh:

Well, don't rush down there just yet. I just bounced this off a buddy of mine who has the occasional affinity for Chevy products, and he said the same car was advertised here in the Boston area. He told me he sent them an email half knowing it was a scam and sure enough it was. Can't hurt to drop them a line, though, see what comes back.

Well, don't rush down there just yet. I just bounced this off a buddy of mine who has the occasional affinity for Chevy products, and he said the same car was advertised here in the Boston area. He told me he sent them an email half knowing it was a scam and sure enough it was. Can't hurt to drop them a line, though, see what comes back.

I was actually looking at it was well for a bit....plate is scribbled out, no name, phone number or location. Bastages.

ive already got my 80's car :)

DSC_0002.jpg

lets see your 80's car lightup like that! afterall, follow me into the corner and thts what you'll be seeing :laugh:

i think its roast beef :D mmmm, and we are having a great meal at vertines (if you are familiar with them) on friday for the grooms dinner.

alright guys, i'll see you in a week and a half or so! jason, dont bother looking for me on my ride up today, as i'll bet aking hwy 1. but look for us (in the stratus) saturday coming down. we'll be the car going 120 with a bunch of police in tail :laugh: :laugh:

see you guys when i get back, and im bringing 10 gigs worth of memory space for taking photos! gonna be a grand ole time in the windy city!!!!

Back