• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L build

I was glad to help. Im so dead today. I think I spent just as much time cleaning up when i got home. We need more pics up! I was there and It was such a hell fire that I dont even remember much. That Tour had more hands on it then a vegas stripper.

Im going to have to get a ride in that ride! Dumpster Boy. lol Hope you get the small thing worked out. At least the hard part is done, and It runs! That thing sounded so mean with joey giving it small blips in throttle. :drool:

I learned alot (from da master). Hopefully ill be able to do the same to my car.....someday.

Looks great. Wish I could have been there. I am coming to Vegas for 2 weeks or more at Christmas so I will give you a call for sure! By the way, what kinks are you still trying to work out? I have been there, so I am curious what is holding you up.

Congrats though!!!

Looks great. Wish I could have been there. I am coming to Vegas for 2 weeks or more at Christmas so I will give you a call for sure! By the way, what kinks are you still trying to work out? I have been there, so I am curious what is holding you up.

Congrats though!!!

the thermostat needs to be changed. maybe o-rings too. we never got around the tune also. so i cant get on the dyno till later. like tourenvy said, it was a madhouse sorta swap. One more thing... i still have the 2.5maf on the 3l. joey brought me an 80mm that i gatta put on b4 turning up the boost. Its time really that didnt let us get around doing these. Just for all's info, this 3l turbo swap was done in two days. the rest of the time was spent hunting for parts.

I hope that thermostat fixes it. dont forget about the intake bolt(?) and the gauge cluster, oh and an axle. :shocked:

I was glad to help. Im so dead today. I think I spent just as much time cleaning up when i got home. We need more pics up! I was there and It was such a hell fire that I dont even remember much. That Tour had more hands on it then a vegas stripper.

Im going to have to get a ride in that ride! Dumpster Boy. lol Hope you get the small thing worked out. At least the hard part is done, and It runs! That thing sounded so mean with joey giving it small blips in throttle. :drool:

I learned alot (from da master). Hopefully ill be able to do the same to my car.....someday.

"dumpster boy" :laugh: nice one evan. thats the last time i'm in there i tell ya.

Last edited:
$700 of unused parts! :shocked: You must have been overly prepared for this swap! Hopefully you get it all sorted out asap so that you can test the beast out. And by the way.... the stock SVT Maf meters a good amount of air. I had my boost at 12lbs on the stock maf. So turn it up!!! :D Slowly of course... and watch that WIDEBAND! :laugh:

$700 of unused parts! :shocked: You must have been overly prepared for this swap! Hopefully you get it all sorted out asap so that you can test the beast out. And by the way.... the stock SVT Maf meters a good amount of air. I had my boost at 12lbs on the stock maf. So turn it up!!! :D Slowly of course... and watch that WIDEBAND! :laugh:

i know han. i'll watch it like a hawk. Actually, the unused parts weren't wot i bought b4 the swap. it was during the 1000 runs to the auto store that i accumulated the parts. kinda like bolts, nuts, fluids, etc. the most expensive stuff i returned were actually all the tranny upgrade parts i bought from bill jenkins a couple o' weeks ago that i posted. there was no time to install them so i just went ahead n got a used cougar tranny without transmission issues. my 3rd syncro was bad.

Man from what you have posted up, that is quite the amazing job man! I wish I had a second car + enough cash + enough time + enough people to help me out to pull off the same project! Did you at least put a LSD in there?! Jeezums Crimany if you didn't...haha.

Jullian, How are you making out?

hey evan. its all good bro for the most part. I gat new half shafts, changed the thermostat, n it runs excellent :). doesnt run hot again. drove it all around town today. no coolant leak. it does leak motoroil somewhere tho. i'll take it to a shop to find the leak. its funny, i still don't have the bumper, grill, nor hood on yet. it looks funky. am putting em all back on later today and installing the guages. i should have pix posted in a bit.

Man from what you have posted up, that is quite the amazing job man! I wish I had a second car + enough cash + enough time + enough people to help me out to pull off the same project! Did you at least put a LSD in there?! Jeezums Crimany if you didn't...haha.

yea i did. Quaife. i din't need shims at all. was right on tha money!

I am glad that yall had fun. I am still lookin for my tour. Do you have any #s yet. Where did you get the tune from? Thats probably a stupid question. But congrats on the 3L and the expeirence. Nice 3.0T badge by the way.

Details? You get everything buttoned up and got you tune in? Yee ha!

i still havnt got a tune yet. but lemmie alleviate ur worries. am not driving around in a totally untuned 3L. i did get a tune from tom right before i blew up the 2.5. 24lb injectors, headers and so on. the main thing is to remove the lack of secondaries input that the computer's getting. i'm gonna install 80mm MAF n 36lb injectors before i get a tune, hopefully. if not, i'll just stick with the stock MAF and 24lbs tune.

Back