• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vaders replacement

The smarter vehicles do not blow air in your face until the engine is warm. At least, that's how the climate control has worked in my last two cars.

I am guessing that is to keep the system closed so everything heats up faster.

I am guessing that is to keep the system closed so everything heats up faster.

I guess soo, I tested this out this morning, it was 19 degrees when I took my son to school and I put the heat on full blast and nothing came out till it was ready then the vents opened up and a blast of hot air came out and kept coming.

I guess soo, I tested this out this morning, it was 19 degrees when I took my son to school and I put the heat on full blast and nothing came out till it was ready then the vents opened up and a blast of hot air came out and kept coming.

I had to reread that a few times to make sure your son was safe.

But with phrases like "full blast", " testing this out", "nothing coming out until ready" and "came out and kept coming" it sounded like you were taking someone besides your son to school.

But with phrases like "full blast", " testing this out", "nothing coming out until ready" and "came out and kept coming" it sounded like you were taking someone besides your son to school.

Yeah "full blast"=heat on high
"testing this out"=wanted to see if my new suv did this
"Nothing came out until ready"=no air came out till it was hot
"came out and kept coming"=the heat was coming out nicely
did that help any:laugh:

It helps explain the trip to school with your son AND gives me some new things to say in the bedroom later. :)

Back