• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vaders replacement

When I was married we had an 04' and had nothing but problems with it, but good luck to you with yours. The engine is awesome, gaining power once it got over 5K on the clock and its very smooth. One bad thing with it was the mileage, it got a best of 19 mpg on the freeway with a family and its gear, so its something to keep in mind. I wish I still had pics of ours because we had 18" American Racing Torque-Thursts on it, chrome and they were wrapped in 255/60/18's IIRC and on a silver Ranier it looked very good IMO. I like the updated interior of the 05's over the previous ones though, nice touches. Again, congrats to you and enjoy it!

When I was married we had an 04' and had nothing but problems with it, but good luck to you with yours. The engine is awesome, gaining power once it got over 5K on the clock and its very smooth. One bad thing with it was the mileage, it got a best of 19 mpg on the freeway with a family and its gear, so its something to keep in mind. I wish I still had pics of ours because we had 18" American Racing Torque-Thursts on it, chrome and they were wrapped in 255/60/18's IIRC and on a silver Ranier it looked very good IMO. I like the updated interior of the 05's over the previous ones though, nice touches. Again, congrats to you and enjoy it!

Thanks man, I have a waranty will 100,000 miles so thats covered and its a bumper to bumper gm waranty. Yeah I have found some rims I wouldnt mind putting on it but my wifes tb gets it first, I found some 20" flat black with crome lip that we may get for hers.

Kart. How long does it take for your toaster to heat up? It is essentially the same heating element design. What is so hard to believe about Grampa Ryan's statement? :shrug:

ive just never been in a car with butt warmers that heat up that quick. it takes at least 2 minutes for my moms 07 Mazda6 butt heat to work. same with my neighbors porsche.. just, 15 secs seems fast. idk. Maybe it just has a different heating element?

ive just never been in a car with butt warmers that heat up that quick. it takes at least 2 minutes for my moms 07 Mazda6 butt heat to work. same with my neighbors porsche.. just, 15 secs seems fast. idk. Maybe it just has a different heating element?

Its got too cause its like a moment after I hit the button I am nice and toasty, then a few seconds later I turn it down then off :cool:

Yeah I have found some rims I wouldnt mind putting on it but my wifes tb gets it first, I found some 20" flat black with crome lip that we may get for hers.

The only problem is that the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier/Bravada has a unique rare bolt pattern, so the choices are seemingly even more limited than a CSVT. :nonono: I never understood why they didn't just use the same bolt patten as the Tahoe.

The only problem is that the Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier/Bravada has a unique rare bolt pattern, so the choices are seemingly even more limited than a CSVT. :nonono: I never understood why they didn't just use the same bolt patten as the Tahoe.

Yeah I only found like 4-5 wheels in black, but one set I found I love.

Its got too cause its like a moment after I hit the button I am nice and toasty, then a few seconds later I turn it down then off :cool:

hmm... thats pretty gnarly. maybe i should do the Tim "the tool man" taylor upgrade to the mazdas butt heat MORE POWER!!!..but i dont think my mom would like the after math.. :laugh::laugh:

hmm... thats pretty gnarly. maybe i should do the Tim "the tool man" taylor upgrade to the mazdas butt heat MORE POWER!!!..but i dont think my mom would like the after math.. :laugh::laugh:

Yeah I dont think so either, Now when I turn them on I turn them on low and leave them, I dont even dare turn them on high.

I feel a contest coming on. I tell you what, Ryan. You get in your Rainier and turn on the cheek bakers and I will sit in my SVTF and break buscuit and we will see who gets heat first. Chances are you will get the heat first.:crazy:

I feel a contest coming on. I tell you what, Ryan. You get in your Rainier and turn on the cheek bakers and I will sit in my SVTF and break buscuit and we will see who gets heat first. Chances are you will get the heat first.:crazy:

hahahahahahahaha your on dude:laugh:

The real advantage to them is to keep you warm while the vehicle is still blowing cold air.
The smarter vehicles do not blow air in your face until the engine is warm. At least, that's how the climate control has worked in my last two cars.

Back