• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vaders replacement

*buzzer* 5400 with the 3.70 and towing package:laugh: STill more than enough, though. The tranny cooler is a life saver.

Hmmmm...I don't know if I believe your numbers when you didn't even get the final drive number correct. 3.73

EDIT: 5700 / 2585 (3.73 axle) according to the GM website.

Hmmmm...I don't know if I believe your numbers when you didn't even get the final drive number correct. 3.73

Yes its 5700, I confirmed it with a friend on trailvoy and he towed 6100 one time on accident and didnt have 1 single hiccup, so towing the csvt wont be a problem at all.

I like everything but the dash and center console. Looks like they had some leftover radio and HVAC units from 1994. Hopefully it treats you well. My first car was a Buick, and it rode like a dream!

Mark

I screwed up two digits....

ooooooohhhhh... No too bad for off the top of my head:shrug:

hahahahahahahaha I hope so too, considering I AM DONE having anymore children,lol I am thinking about just tying a rubber band to them and letting them fall to the floor,lol

I think after a few kids, your health insurance will cover the costs of getting "fixed". You should look into it. no, really...
;) :laugh:

I think after a few kids, your health insurance will cover the costs of getting "fixed". You should look into it. no, really...
;) :laugh:

Nope she is already fixed:cool:

So now you have a Chevy Trailblazer, and a Buick Trailblazer. You need some variety.

No, I like it the way it is:laugh:

Well he did have a Contour SVT and a. . .Contour SVT. I don't think he likes to branch out.

Exactly, and right now I technically have 4 vehicles

Needs 24's LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a chance dude.

Todd was telling me you bought this from an estate sale?!

No, I bought it from a dealer, and even came with a free aarp membership,lol

Why not:shrug:
And yeah I agree, it was like 21 degrees yesterday morning and the seats were freezing, about 15 seconds after I turned on the heater I was nice and warm.:cool:

After 15 seconds, your butt heated up the seat at that temp, it wasn't the seat warmers. :laugh: Don't get me started on cold leather seats........ :nonono: :laugh:

After 15 seconds, your butt heated up the seat at that temp, it wasn't the seat warmers. :laugh: Don't get me started on cold leather seats........ :nonono: :laugh:

Yes it was the heaters, till you have used them you dont know. They heat up extremly fast and efficiant.

Yes it was the heaters, till you have used them you dont know. They heat up extremly fast and efficiant.

I have been in cars that use them. Takes a few seconds for them to really start heating up....and by that time the leather is heated up from your body heat. The real advantage to them is to keep you warm while the vehicle is still blowing cold air. And when where you live, it doesn't take long for a vehicle to starting throwing warm air. But I guess after a stressfull day a work, the heat from them would feel good.

I have been in cars that use them. Takes a few seconds for them to really start heating up....and by that time the leather is heated up from your body heat. The real advantage to them is to keep you warm while the vehicle is still blowing cold air. And when where you live, it doesn't take long for a vehicle to starting throwing warm air. But I guess after a stressfull day a work, the heat from them would feel good.

Well not mine, this thing heats up to full heat in less than 15 seconds I would say, not you heating the seat, the seat heating you!

Kart. How long does it take for your toaster to heat up? It is essentially the same heating element design. What is so hard to believe about Grampa Ryan's statement? :shrug:

Back