• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo Project: Progress Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt trust the engine, but if you don;t drive like a dumba$$ then you might be ok...

just because it has 128k dosnt mean its worn.
if hes spending that kind of money for the turbo kit then he knows that his motor will be fine. and im sure he knows to stay low on boost. he knows his motor better than you.

just because it has 128k dosnt mean its worn.
if hes spending that kind of money for the turbo kit then he knows that his motor will be fine. and im sure he knows to stay low on boost. he knows his motor better than you.

we are talking about the svt 2.5L here... it's only a matter of time. :help:

Tourige speaks the truth. Keep in mind I still dont have the kit. So theres no huge updates yet, still doing the little things.

When I was removing the y pipe, I noticed that the EGR was completed detached from the header. Hmmmm, I wonder why I've had a CEL????

Opt'ed Y soon to be for sale

DCFC0531.jpg

DCFC0531.jpg

The oil pan dropped ready to be tapped tomorrow.
Question, do you need to replace the oil pan gasket????

DCFC0529.jpg

Had some extra paint, so I hit the IMRC and fuse box cover. Also moved the ballast to a better spot.

DCFC0530.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll be tapping the pan and moving the oil sending unit for the oil pressure gauge.

Last edited:
Replace the gasket.

Organize your wires while you still have room, you'll be happier with the results

Yeah, I'm tapping same place as Burrita though.

That is the typical spot for the oil return and it works for the most part, but that isn't the best place to run your oil return. Pete is right. Tap the block and not the oil pan the way stazi does it. It is higher up. That pic of Stazi's motor is a little too close to see it well. I will get more pics of my 3L and post them.

Last edited:
Just soo you know that Battery relocation that you did is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Heres how its done correctly!

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

Hey I should have deleted that pic with the oil pan. Remember I told you I was going to tap it higher because the oil pressure rises due to the oil nippile being below the oil line. I am going to tap it at the top of the oil pan or tap it at the block if you can get to it easily. I tried something new but found out that even thought the oil acts as a u-tube it takes longer to drain. So fill the oil pan with three quarts and see where the oil line is and drill it inch higher the motor should have closse to 2.5 or 3 quarts in the motor while running. ADC tapped theirs in the pan but went an inch higher with no issues but mine did when the oil was cold it was thick and didn't drain faster enough so I will erase that pics after everyone notes what I said repeat go hgher than the shown pic. joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back