• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods Ver. 3.0

Topshop hoods Ver. 3.0

• Cowl w/NACA duct

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Cowl w/o duct

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • EVO

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez people. This thread is for the three hoods in the poll. Stop coming up with other options or any other combinations. We already went through all that in the previous 2 polls.

:nonono:

I sent an email to Andy's Autosport about the evo hood. I asked them what years it would fit. Here's what they said.

Hello,

Unfortunately, that hood has been discontinued.

Kind regards,

Matthew Murphy
Andy's Autosport
Sales Representative
800-419-1152 ext. 100

I sent an email to Andy's Autosport about the evo hood. I asked them what years it would fit. Here's what they said.

Hello,

Kind regards,

Matthew Murphy
Andy's Autosport
Sales Representative
800-419-1152 ext. 100

Thanks for clearing that up

Hello,

Kind regards,

Matthew Murphy
Andy's Autosport
Sales Representative
800-419-1152 ext. 100

Unfortunately you didn't contact the source of the hood, which was Extreme Dimensions.

I just got off the phone with them and they still have the mold, but it needs to be remade as the current mold is not suitable for making hoods. This is why they discontinued the hood and it was also due to lack of popularity (aka they wouldn't get their money back if they made a new mold). However he told me that if we were to contact them at info@extremedimensions.com the request would get forwarded to their R&D department and a rep would call us back with details on pricing. However he told me that since the mold is already made that start up costs would not be nearly of what an unmade hood would cost, thus reducing the price per hood.

SO... again if this style hood is what you want then contact that company and get it recreated and let us get a new style hood made through Top Shop. Just my .02

Last edited:
Top Shop = Quality! If they make the Evo hood, so be it! I think it will be 10x better quality then the older ones! and if they make a new hood that is a new design, Im in again! no matter which one they make Im going to go for it!

- amyn

Unfortunately you didn't contact the source of the hood, which was Extreme Dimensions.

I just got off the phone with them and they still have the mold, but it needs to be remade as the current mold is not suitable for making hoods. This is why they discontinued the hood and it was also due to lack of popularity (aka they wouldn't get their money back if they made a new mold). However he told me that if we were to contact them at info@extremedimensions.com the request would get forwarded to their R&D department and a rep would call us back with details on pricing. However he told me that since the mold is already made that start up costs would not be nearly of what an unmade hood would cost, thus reducing the price per hood.

SO... again if this style hood is what you want then contact that company and get it recreated and let us get a new style hood made through Top Shop. Just my .02

Good luck on your crusade man, I gave up trying to use any kind of logic on the folks voting for the hoods. Im going to head back over to 3 liter and FI where there is some remaining intelligence.

Thanks for the info. Since they already have a mold it'll definitely be cheaper. Is this the same company that the other EVO group buy was going through?

Well the poll is closed and the winner is the cowl
HoodTestCF.jpg

I will contact Topshop to let them know the design that was selected. Maybe after the cowl is made they could make a mold with the duct in it. For those that wanted the EVO, don't fret. I contacted Extreme Dimensions about the possibility of a group buy. I'll let everyone know of any progress. Once again sorry for all the madness
{J}

I want the COWL.........

Give us a price on the COWL and a reasonable ETA on when you need the money it should help people make decisions!

I do want one and will put a deposit and pay the rest as I can! But I am Def in as i said so from the beginning!

- amyn

alright well i know i'm a little late jumping in on this but i have a question.
since we kinda already have a cowl how about getting something that's not available period? Im just curious because im seen this hood on a few cars and it looks good.

While on the contour i don't think the front inlet would look good cause the grill but i think the gill looking ones would be be awesome and flow well with the car.

hd9396mxrx7-st.jpg

anybody want one like this or is it just me? remember remove that front air inlet so we'd just have the gills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back