• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Searched, want to be 100% Sure

Blkdvll

CEG'er
Before I say anything, I want to let you know I searched the site. I couldn't find the perfect answer I was looking for, but got pretty close. I would just like to be sure.

Just got the new engine installed in the contour. Runs pretty smooth, but I have a CE light. Pulled codes, cleared, drove it, came on again. Codes are:
P1152: Manufactor Control Fuel Air Metering
P0155: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

I want to make sure that both of these codes are related to a faulty Oxygen Sensor (bank 2, sensor 1) before I replace it. Help ASAP would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

1152 is most likiely your rear UPPER o2 sensor. Make sure everything has been plugged in. With the new engine being isntalled and these parts being new* those codes shouldnt come on. Check to see if they are connected if tehy are then replace the o2.

If they did not install a new Bank 2 (radiator side) Upper O2 sensor, it is probably time for a new Bank 2 radiator side O2 sensor. This is the sensor next to the Oil filter. If you are standing in front of the car, it is to the left of the precatalytic converter. You should be able to see it between the radiator fan housing and the engine. It is easier to remove it when the oil filter is removed. Use a O2 sensor removal tool or a 22mm (7/8 inch) open-ended crescent wrench.

Last edited:
Back