• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

Trey came up to my place and we got some things done. installed a FSTB on his car, and racing seats in mine. then we went and had our tires swapped so when he lowers his car the tires wont rub. he also has a camber kit, subframe connectors, and a set of my front endlinks to install before the run.

Cruising around with the Mazda club makes me more excited to "cruise" the Dragon and Skyway!:crazy:
yeah, driving around town with Trey yesterday was a blast. havent gotten a chance to really do that in a long time. lets just say his 3L is not that much faster than my 2.5L. :laugh::laugh:

yeah, driving around town with Trey yesterday was a blast. havent gotten a chance to really do that in a long time. lets just say his 3L is not that much faster than my 2.5L. :laugh::laugh:
lets just say once we got out of 3rd and into 4th i didnt see dan anymore:laugh: not to mention my car only has an intake........... so gimme some time what will i do next:ponder:

yeah, you finally started to pull in 4th, not sure what the difference is there that you werent pulling that hard in 3rd.

and mine only has intake and exhaust, quit your ?????ing.:p:laugh:

yeah, you finally started to pull in 4th, not sure what the difference is there that you werent pulling that hard in 3rd.

and mine only has intake and exhaust, quit your ?????ing.:p:laugh:
still yours can breathe lol and mine isn't tuned either............:ponder: should i do that next? or wait till i get headers and exhaust?

Its cool that Trey and Dan hooked each others cars up, I'm thinking I need to come to Chicago and apply some acrylic Klasse to Hectours ride so it glides through the air a bit better:laugh:, although his choice of wax, NXT 2.0 is actually a pretty decent product for being OTC:shrug:

This month is almost gone, one more down and 3 to go!!!

Ideas for Friday

Ideas for Friday

I was thinking about this and probably brought it up, but let's talk about Friday's events. I thought this would be the better day for the Devil's Triangle and if you guys wanna do this, chime in. I also thought we could hit up Gatlinburg for the Dukes of Hazard museum and head down to Hard Rock for lunch and then hit the Triangle, what do you guys think/suggest:shrug: All suggestions are welcome and I don't mean to be the "busy body" here and this run has always been pretty laid back, but if people wanna do something like this we've gotta have some type of structure, right:shrug::laugh:

I was thinking about it the other way. running the dragon on friday and go to Gatlinburg then, (go up the dragon, and take the foothills pkwy over, and then come back the foothills and down the dragon) since there is always more traffic on the dragon on saturday. then on saturday go north to the devils triangle.

I think it should be predicated upon whether the weather. :crazy:

There's lotsa tourist trap kind of places in Gatlinburg that we could use as a rain contingency, but I really won't enjoy the Dragon as much if its pouring.

Plus I've mentioned before that my girlfriend may not want to be in the car the entire time, so if any of you have significant others that feel the same way, maybe they can go do their own thing one day and bond with whatever girly stuff they would like to.

Question: what time is the normal time for departure on Thursday? What was the previous arrival times? As in how sleepy am I gonna be that Thursday morning?

Last year most people got in later in the afternoon, I wanna say 5-ish. We grabbed some dinner as a group and went on a short run up the Cherohala. Not bad.

I don't know when the FL crew is planning on leaving this year, but I would expect around the same time. I want to leave early but not too early. I think its about an 8 hour drive for us if we don't have to stop for anyone getting car sick :help: :laugh:

I think it should be predicated upon whether the weather. :crazy:

There's lotsa tourist trap kind of places in Gatlinburg that we could use as a rain contingency, but I really won't enjoy the Dragon as much if its pouring.

Plus I've mentioned before that my girlfriend may not want to be in the car the entire time, so if any of you have significant others that feel the same way, maybe they can go do their own thing one day and bond with whatever girly stuff they would like to.

Question: what time is the normal time for departure on Thursday? What was the previous arrival times? As in how sleepy am I gonna be that Thursday morning?
I think my wife may be coming and driving as well so there might be enough of the females that they can just go do whatever if they want to.

Last year most people got in later in the afternoon, I wanna say 5-ish. We grabbed some dinner as a group and went on a short run up the Cherohala. Not bad.

I don't know when the FL crew is planning on leaving this year, but I would expect around the same time. I want to leave early but not too early. I think its about an 8 hour drive for us if we don't have to stop for anyone getting car sick :help: :laugh:

It won't happen again. Unlike my CTS-V, the S2000 does not have a DVD player and surround sound. Reading and watching movies in cars makes me sick. I learned that the hard way last year.

I just hope an 8 hour drive in my S2000 is not too uncomfortable.

Whatever we do, we can't leave ocala without breakfast at Primary Oven Bakery!

JC, I will be leaving the metro Detroit area 5:30 a.m. sharp, so I expect to be passing your neck of the woods close to 6:00 a.m. and you'll easily be able to meet up with us on I-275 S as I take that way right into I-75:cool:

Dan, you idea is fine and it sounds like you know your way around those foothills I take it, great, new roads and adventures. I'm really looking forward to the Devil's Triangle and speaking of that, Trey, any plans for a time frame to check that out for us:shrug: Like I said before its greatly appreciated by all of us!

Now as far as the Dragon to Gatlinburg area and foothills and back through the Dragon goes, well I'm up for that ofcoarse, but I see us needing an early start to that one, is everyone up to that? I think it would be great to hit the Dragon early as I haven't done that yet either, although some of that early fog we experienced when we awoke would make things "interesting" to say the least. I for one am up for it and if it gets waaaay to thick, we can pull over into one of those little areas until it burns off:idea:

BTW....THERE IS NO TALK OF RAIN! I've only ran into a slight mist in my previous 6 years and I wanna keep it that way!!

Back