• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

That car is perfect for the Dragon as most of us are in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time and I've found my self a couple times wishing I didn't have to shift but I ran out of rev's, something Randy and his S2000 shouldn't have a problem with for sure. One thing though Randy, I'd make sure the oil is syn and fresh before the run, who knows if that little car has ever stretched its legs like it will on the Dragon, congrats on the car:cool:

That car is perfect for the Dragon as most of us are in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time and I've found my self a couple times wishing I didn't have to shift but I ran out of rev's, something Randy and his S2000 shouldn't have a problem with for sure. One thing though Randy, I'd make sure the oil is syn and fresh before the run, who knows if that little car has ever stretched its legs like it will on the Dragon, congrats on the car:cool:

I'll be changing the oil to Mobil 1 this weekend, and I always change the oil before long road trips.

Wait Randy...I just thought of something. You fit in a S2000? IIRC you are about the same height as me and I can't fit in one!:crazy::laugh:

Wait Randy...I just thought of something. You fit in a S2000? IIRC you are about the same height as me and I can't fit in one!:crazy::laugh:
i was kinda thinking that when he mentioned it but i wasnt going to say anything. If nothing else he will be using it with the top down for sure so his head dont hit the roof:crazy:

I'm 6'3" and I fit in one ok. The head room is great. It's actually the leg room that is tighter on me, but definitely not enough to be a deal breaker.

Randy, you have to put taking me out in it on the top of your to do list tomorrow!

I'm 6'3" and I fit in one ok. The head room is great. It's actually the leg room that is tighter on me, but definitely not enough to be a deal breaker.

Randy, you have to put taking me out in it on the top of your to do list tomorrow!
so what are you bringing down man? the jeep or the Z?

How can I put this nicely Hector.....I am........less round.

Just kidding. It is a cockpit like feel, but not uncomfortable. I rode the whole two and half hours home and was comfy. The suspension is obviously stiffer than my CTS-V. I think it may even be stiffer than my SVT Contour was on the Koni kit set to full hard.

I just got home about an hour ago. I thought of stopping by your house, but didn't want to call in case you were sleeping. I get home tomorrow at 3pm to meet the buyer of my CTS-V so he can pick it up. Feel free to stop by and say your goodbyes.

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is: I couldn't get the Publix gift card......no free sammiches. They said I got too good of a deal for them to give me a gift card. I understood and didn't fight for it.

The good news is: The car had some goodies that I did not know about. It had hood struts installed, Some cold air intake with a carbon fiber heat shield box and a comptech sport catback exhaust.

Here are some pics.

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Back