• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

I finally posted the rest of my pics over in pics and video if anyone wants to see more, I'm home sick from there, gotta win the lotto:shrug:

I had to do some work this morning [Saturday] and didn't get down that way until about noon-thirty.
I was thinking you all would proceed up the Cherohala & over to the Dragon, so I traveled the opposite direction with the idea of meeting some of you all coming toward me... no luck. Anyway, I even stopped by the cabins to see if I could catch up with the group for the evening gathering... but, no one seemed to be there.:shrug:
BTW... I put 3 photos of 00 CSVT#1313 from various locations on the trip in the offical Dragon Run pictures thread. She needed the shakedown run after all of the mechanical work...
FYI... Premium fuel is ~$231.9/gal. at several locations in Maryville on US411 if you are coming back north toward Knoxville on you way out in the morning.
Have a safe trip home!
ok so you have 2 CSVT's and your in my area, Where in the hell have you been hiding!?

I can't believe we didn't meet up with this guy, it would've added to our total and made it 18 cars:crazy: Oh well, make it out next year, we just about doubled the total from 2008, but I doubt we'll come close to doubling this years total, but over 20 should be a breeze!

I just got a call from Dixie at the cabins. She told me that someone called asking about a lost charger. She couldn't understand the name of the person who called.

She has found a canon charger. Someone give her a call and claim it.

Missed you by not much!

Missed you by not much!

I can't believe we didn't meet up with this guy, it would've added to our total and made it 18 cars:crazy: Oh well, make it out next year, we just about doubled the total from 2008, but I doubt we'll come close to doubling this years total, but over 20 should be a breeze!

From your posted photos and the photo sequence times from one of the online photo sites, It looks like I came across the Dragon about an hour before you all came across. Probably while you were coming from Robbinsville up US 129. After stopping at the Deals Gap MC Resort store and looking at the Killboy stuff for a while, I made the run along the north side of the lake toward Fontana Resort [turned next to the Deals Gap gas station]. It was really quiet back there... almost no traffic!!! :cool:

I just got a call from Dixie at the cabins. She told me that someone called asking about a lost charger. She couldn't understand the name of the person who called.

She has found a canon charger. Someone give her a call and claim it.
It belongs to Jerry. He was talking about it last weekend!:laugh:

Local Meet = Good Idea

Local Meet = Good Idea

Hell we should meet up sometime. There are 2 other svt's I know of around here we could all meet up somwhere in knoxville or something. My number is 8654068770 names trey feel free to give me a call. You can check out the only 3L in the area.

Good idea. I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.
Maybe we can get a local ETn group meet somewhere.
BTW, did you see the NECO/CEG/etc track day at Talledega scheduled for 12/11? I've signed up for it.:drool:

Back