• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

Kingpin, get the brakes for sure! I always hear the weak point in the those cars are the brakes, although they've gotten better, go with the brakes, its piece of mind as well as looks:cool:

Randy, if you get the S2000 you'll be the "leader of the pack" for sure, great pace car for the run:laugh:

Matt, those Mach I's are very cool, looking forward to seeing that down there, just make sure you get your cabin reserved though;)

Looks like we've not only got some new blood coming along, but some guys from last year with have new and very different cars as well, awesome!

Well the more I read about the TSX swap the less I think it would be worth it for me. Most guys seem to say the only ones who benefit are those who track their cars.

I may just get new pads and SS lines. Brakes aren't that bad, I believe the front rotors are 300mm.

You guys are right, pads and especially the SS lines will do wonders for your cars....go for it:cool:

Hectour, I take it the A/C went out in the house, if so, that sucks:cry:

replaced the alternator yesterday, pulled the cooling fan resistor tonight. i hope a local dealer has one so i can get the car back together tomorrow.

still need to decide between headers, NPG brakes, or racing seats (unless Trey decides to trade me for his:D)

I SOLD MY CTS-V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to buy a new car, but I have been having some trouble finding good deals. How is it that as I am finalizing the deal for selling my car I see super deals everywhere. Soon after selling the car, all of the really good deals seem to have gone away.

Anybody want to help? I am looking for an S2000, preferably an 02-03, for less than $14,000. The cheaper the better. This car is going to be my daily commuter and I am going to put about 100 miles a day on it. Somebody help me find a dirt cheap S2000.

Anybody on here willing to check out any cars that are out of reach? Like a CEG network of car shoppers.

I SOLD MY CTS-V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ready to buy a new car, but I have been having some trouble finding good deals. How is it that as I am finalizing the deal for selling my car I see super deals everywhere. Soon after selling the car, all of the really good deals seem to have gone away.

Anybody want to help? I am looking for an S2000, preferably an 02-03, for less than $14,000. The cheaper the better. This car is going to be my daily commuter and I am going to put about 100 miles a day on it. Somebody help me find a dirt cheap S2000.

Anybody on here willing to check out any cars that are out of reach? Like a CEG network of car shoppers.
randy have you checked any of the s2k forums? I will ask my buddy if he knows of any, he is on his second one now and man those cars are fun as hell. Oh btw you will be seeing your old centerlines at the dragon run this year lol I will have them on my car later this week:cool:

randy have you checked any of the s2k forums? I will ask my buddy if he knows of any, he is on his second one now and man those cars are fun as hell. Oh btw you will be seeing your old centerlines at the dragon run this year lol I will have them on my car later this week:cool:

I look forward to seeing those wheels again.

What other forums are there. I only know if s2ki.com

I look forward to seeing those wheels again.

What other forums are there. I only know if s2ki.com
im not sure man. I will look around. I would call him but its too late to do tonight. I will call him tomorrow though cause im sure he will know of some deals.

im not sure man. I will look around. I would call him but its too late to do tonight. I will call him tomorrow though cause im sure he will know of some deals.
here is a link to his profile/sn on s2ki
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showuser=59138

his name is kenny and he is a cool cat.

here is his car(left)
3649074475_501cbd895b_b.jpg

Randy, we're in the car business here and we'll look around for you! Seeing that people are in a "pinch" here in SEMI, we should be able to find you a good deal on an 02-03' S2000. If we do find one, I would even be able to deliver it to you from here, but that would have to be worked out between you and the boss;) It would basically cost you my time to drive to FLA (about $200.00 and the cost of a plane ticket), so I'll let you know what we find up here and trust me, nobody drives those cars in the snow around here and we'll check it out real good over at our service department!

BTW, what you lookin' to spend and/or consider a "good deal"?

I lubs S2000s :drool: I actually have considered trading my Si for one, but a 4 door with folding rear seats is way more convenient for a home owner. I don't know that I could give that up.

Randy, we're in the car business here and we'll look around for you! Seeing that people are in a "pinch" here in SEMI, we should be able to find you a good deal on an 02-03' S2000. If we do find one, I would even be able to deliver it to you from here, but that would have to be worked out between you and the boss;) It would basically cost you my time to drive to FLA (about $200.00 and the cost of a plane ticket), so I'll let you know what we find up here and trust me, nobody drives those cars in the snow around here and we'll check it out real good over at our service department!

BTW, what you lookin' to spend and/or consider a "good deal"?

Give me a call so we can work out some details. I don't mind paying you to drop it off.

813-317-0717

Give me a call so we can work out some details. I don't mind paying you to drop it off.

813-317-0717

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=263884910&dealer_id=64269559&car_year=2003&rdm=1245859610258&model=S2000&num_records=50&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=5000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48009&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=25000&cardist=14&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

This is one car that I found within a 200 mile radius. I'm not sure if the price is what your lookin' for but it sure looks good. I did find another one with 18" and coilovers but no mods done to the engine and its black and the wheels are black with a polished lip. I didn't put it up here because I wasn't sure if you wanted a virgin car or not. Speaking of that, there is one only 2 miles away, private seller and its only got 17k on the clock and its $20K, but who knows, they may be a motivated seller:shrug: I will pass your number along to Chris who's our sales guy and he's very nice!

I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a car that is going to spend 80% of its life commuting about 100 miles a day to and from work. I loved my CTS-V, but it ended up being a high horsepower commuter, and that was kind of a waste.

I would ideally like to spend 10-12k, but can stretch to 14k for a really nice one.

Back