• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

East Coast Mazda Meet
IMG_0498.jpg

Here's from last years Civic meet:

NOPI_Georgia056Small.jpg

Roger I think you should rep our group (this guy is hard core Dragon):
NOPI_Georgia077Small.jpg

Apparently this is only half the group: :shocked:
P9053624.jpg

That Mazda group shot is really cool and I bet our group equals that amount once is all said and done:cool: but as far as representing our group, it would look kinda weird with a MINI having "7th Annual CEG Fall Running of the Dragon" on it. I did have the idea of the "Rallye Monte Carlo-esque" magnets for the sides of our car though, but it didn't really capture anyones immagination. I never got around to asking Parkedcar how much it would cost, but IMO it would look cool though. I know someone posted about "attention", but with our group that isn't a problem because we aren't "clowns":shrug:

That Mazda group shot is really cool and I bet our group equals that amount once is all said and done:cool: but as far as representing our group, it would look kinda weird with a MINI having "7th Annual CEG Fall Running of the Dragon" on it. I did have the idea of the "Rallye Monte Carlo-esque" magnets for the sides of our car though, but it didn't really capture anyones immagination. I never got around to asking Parkedcar how much it would cost, but IMO it would look cool though. I know someone posted about "attention", but with our group that isn't a problem because we aren't "clowns":shrug:
Yeah but any attention is negative attention.:shrug:

Yeah but any attention is negative attention.:shrug:

Not if we're all inline and not being stupid which isn't an issue with us. Yeah I remember what you said when we talked about this in the early spring, but it would look cool and make for a great photo opt:cool:

I really like the way that Dragon looks going down the side of the car, I wonder if the guy leaves it on year round:confused:

BTW, if you know someone who hasn't made their reservations yet just give them a very small nudge...very small, thanks!

I really like the way that Dragon looks going down the side of the car, I wonder if the guy leaves it on year round:confused:

I don't know, but my guess is that he takes it off. Guys on 8th gen are feakin' nuts about temp graphics. They all painters tape their cars when going to meets and they try to do pretty crazy designs for fun using different color tape. It actually gets pretty funny, and they usually have an award at big meets (like the Dragon) for best tape job.

I may get the magnet I thought of, gotta see how much its going to cost and if I were to do it, I'd get a pair and put them on the back quarter panels, I think....what do you guys think:shrug:

strut mounts are installed, oil pressure sender has been relocated, added an air/oil separator to the PCV system. still need to get the toe arms on and maybe even reinforce the rear subframe for a larger sway bar.

im trying to decide which mod i want to do before school starts back up. headers, racing seats, or NPG front/rear brake upgrade. whats every ones opinion on which one i should do?

Anything new from anyone here:shrug:
got the baer brakes installed along with new rear rotors and pads. hope to have some new wheels and some suspension mods b4 the run. I may or may not toss in the racing seats from the cougar.

Intake and "whale tail" as it's known were installed this weekend. Exhaust should be ordered soon. Vibrant was redesigning their exhaust to eliminate a band clamp (and adding a flange) so I decided to wait for the new version.

Whale tail (not available in the US):
BatchlorParty062.jpg

BatchlorParty061.jpg

Just for looks!

sexy i like it! A girl i know just got a brand new si the other day in a cool as burn orange color. I like the wheels on yours better though hers are kinda funky looking lol.

Crap! I keep forgetting to post my pics from the other weekend. I'll get on it.

BTW, if I come to this, it won't be in the Contour (for sale) or the 5.0 (for sale), it will be in this: :cool:

mach1.jpg

Back