• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

If anyone is interested I did google it and they have all the colors of the anniversery car, ours is the Lotus Racing Green w/yellow stripes, like I said and its really sweeeeeeeet:cool:

I had my chance to drive an Elise out there last year but didn't feel right doing it, especially since I didn't really know the guy, but his passenger didn't know too much about cars though. He thought my MINI should've kept up better with an Elise...:shrug::rolleyes: Well, lets see:

Mini Cooper "S" FWD and about 2600lbs w/ about 2/3 of its weight over the front wheels

Lotus Elise is 1976lbs and has about a 50/50 weight distibution...hmmm!

Anyways, if given the chance again I'll do it because I'm very comfortable with these cars now, bring it on!!!

Getting ready for the trip

Getting ready for the trip

I just got through installing Hawk HP+ front pads, and switched over to ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid. New tires will be on the car by then too! :)

Hey Trey, did you map out those "other" roads for us to run on Friday afternoon? That sounded like a good time, what do you guys think:shrug:

There is a good possiblity i might be able to make it this time. i've got a guy now that can probably cover for me that weekend. Only thing is if its too busy i wont be able to make it. so lets hope its a slow weekend or i can find someone for backup.

I was thinking we could go into some detail about our "Dragon Slayers", kinda like a "Tail of the Tape" for the Tail of the Dragon...

2007 MINI Cooper "S"
-1.6L turbo "rated"@172hp/177 ft lbs of torque, yeah right!
-6spd w/factory LSD
-36K on the clock right now
-new P225/45/17 BFG KKDW2's that make the car look even more "chubby"
-17 x 7 PIAA Sport Mesh lightweight rims
-2.5" SS custom exhaust w/Magnaflow muffler
-open K&N intake
-standard "sport" suspension
-"sport" button
-Tail of the Dragon stickers:laugh:

2008 Mazdaspeed3

-2.3L turbocharged, intercooled, direct injection...263hp/280tq (underated numbers):eek:
-Getrag 6 speed with factory LSD
-10k on the clock
- Stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
- Begi intake
- Forge BPV
- gutted 2nd cat
- stock suspension and brakes
- super aerodynamic sharkfin antenna :crazy:
- 6000k HID kit for seeing at night!:laugh:
- Tail of the Dragon license plate frame

Back