• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
Hopefully I'll have a new thread started this weekend with details.

I hear your chanting Josh I'm stoked. This will actually be my first time on a road course with a car.

Hahahhahahahahhaha

Well I'm waiting on the final day so I can try to plan for it asap. I need to make sure my SVT is roadworthy to travel that far ahead of time, so I need to fix/buy a few things.

Hahahhahahahahhaha

Well I'm waiting on the final day so I can try to plan for it asap. I need to make sure my SVT is roadworthy to travel that far ahead of time, so I need to fix/buy a few things.

Yea right now I'm thinking it'll be May 24-26th. However I'm trying to work out details with the places of interest.

Yea right now I'm thinking it'll be May 24-26th. However I'm trying to work out details with the places of interest.

You do realize that's Memorial day weekend.....not sure if it will be a good thing or bad thing. I am sure many people will have family get togethers, high school graduations to attend, etc. I know for a fact I won't make it if you decide on that weekend because of my wedding the following weekend.

Mike, that is not the weekend you should be targeting. Spring Zing is always the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and should remain there in my opinion. Putting it on the holiday weekend risks having even fewer people show due to conflicts with other family events.

Mike, that is not the weekend you should be targeting. Spring Zing is always the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and should remain there in my opinion. Putting it on the holiday weekend risks having even fewer people show due to conflicts with other family events.

I agree like in my previous post.....but I believe the derby would conflict with it being any sooner in May that's why it needs to be in April :laugh:

The Derby is the first Saturday in May. The normal SZ weekend is 2 weeks after that. I'd be more concerned about people driving home to the north on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend getting caught by traffic around Indy on the day of the Indy 500.

If its in April, 99% sure I won't be there. That's around the time snow/salt is starting to dissapear and people bring their cars out, which I'd then need a couple weeks of fixing / installing / working out any kinks before driving that far.

June would be coool..gives everyone tonns of time to prepare, and I don't believe there's any big events around then to push people away from attending

Or it could be in June this year... :D

June wouldn't really work for me either....did you not read that I am getting married then? June the 2nd to be exact and then we are going on our family vacation from June 9th thru June 16th. I will be very close to your house especially if we decide to go to Destin this time. So basically the date isn't going to agree with everybody and I understand that.

July, August? Lmao

Guess we will jsut have to wait and see. If its too early on, then maybe Ill just get ready for that show posted above in PA as its enough time for me to be ready.

So what... are we thinking May 17-19 then? A little closer to the Derby then I wanted... but I guess.

Back