• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
Really? I'm the one organizing it and I'll be driving about 13hrs. Plus my car will be on a trailer behind my Expedition... which will get about 16mpg if I'm lucky. I'll I gotta say is weak sauce man... weak sauce.

You seem to have alooooooot more money then most people, Im only 22 making basically minimum wage lol. So $300 for fuel each way is pretty pricey for me..but we will see what happens. Hopefully I'll be working a better job by then, and will be able to afford it.

You seem to have alooooooot more money then most people, Im only 22 making basically minimum wage lol. So $300 for fuel each way is pretty pricey for me..but we will see what happens. Hopefully I'll be working a better job by then, and will be able to afford it.

I doubt it. Why do you think it's taking me so long to put my car together. I haven't driven the thing since mid 2009. I drove my car to SZ07 and SZ08... the car got 32mpg and 33mpg on the way out there. However yea your right I think the trip cost me about $600, but that included hotel too. Should see if you can car pool with someone. TRicker and I went to SZ10 together taking his car. That trip didn't cost me very much. So yea see if you can get someone else to ride with you in your car to come down.

Really? I'm the one organizing it and I'll be driving about 13hrs. Plus my car will be on a trailer behind my Expedition... which will get about 16mpg if I'm lucky. I'll I gotta say is weak sauce man... weak sauce.

QFT.

I'll be trailering the track car out again. Start saving a little bit each month now. It adds up quickly.

Might be trailering my trailer and my car with a truck and trailer :crazy:........ Should cost me about $3,129.87 for the entire trip driving 10-13hours each way.

idk how you are getting $300 for fuel each way. its less than 600 miles from Hamilton to Louisville, at even just 25mpg thats only 24 gallons each way, times even $4/gal is only $96. so less than $200 for gas there and back, plus whatever you use while there. :shrug:

i'm 22 with the same financial situation

14 hrs 29 mins / 930.91 miles

and i'm going. make it happen!

Well I just voted for kentucky but not sure I will be able to make it. I really want to because I have never been plus kentucky isn't too far away. My issue is the date. If its going to be late in May then I'm not going to make it. I'm getting married June 2nd so I will be really busy the few weeks before that. If its in April then I might be able to come. It could be my bachelor party.

idk how you are getting $300 for fuel each way. its less than 600 miles from Hamilton to Louisville, at even just 25mpg thats only 24 gallons each way, times even $4/gal is only $96. so less than $200 for gas there and back, plus whatever you use while there. :shrug:

i was basing it off of my trip to Ottawa (6hrs one way) but i totally looked past the fact that I was in an 07 king ranch 150 lol...which makes total sense now. It has a 30 gallon tank/114L. Im not sure about an SVT so google says 14.5 gallons or 54L. Gas prices here are around $1.25/L currently, which is $4.70 per gallon. I made it to Ottawa on one full tank, and fill up of 91 was about $160. So im pretty sure I could make it there and back for under $250 in fuel. But my car does eat 91 octane like a mofo, so hopefully all highway driving would help. So now, Id say its more likely I can try to make it...an extra 300 miles to louisville with half size tank im thinking id spend close to $120 in fuel one way.

i'm 22 with the same financial situation

14 hrs 29 mins / 930.91 miles

and i'm going. make it happen!

i wish my SVT had your Fiesta fuel economy :p ....im going to try!

well gas prices down here are around the $3.30 mark for regular (so about $3.50 for premium, typically 92 or 93 octane). I paid $3.119 for regular today with a $0.20/gal discount.

well gas prices down here are around the $3.30 mark for regular (so about $3.50 for premium, typically 92 or 93 octane). I paid $3.119 for regular today with a $0.20/gal discount.

damn i got regular here for 3.03 with .15/gal discount lol

PP and I may possibly take extra time off and hit Nashville for a day or so before heading to KY for SZ.
Looking forward to it.

Well I'm glad more and more people are going to be able to make it. Should be an SZ to remember for sure.

All this talk about trailering makes me want to get a 2 car trailer and take the turbo car and unveil the green car out there.

I'm puting money on some kind of baby-excuse from you this year.

prove me wrong plz.

I will try my hardest to prove you wrong. being in May the baby will be a month old. so itll be tought but Ive been working like a mad man on this green car to unveil it @ SZ12 so she might understand. Might bring her might not baby too fagile.

Back