• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
I just got off the phone with my Uncle and he had already talked to a number of people... honestly I was floored with the response he had received from the people at his work , the dyno/tuning shop next to their custom shop. He even knows people at the local drag strip and road track. If Kentucky is where it is at I can just about guarantee one of the best SZ's ever... I'm ridiculously pumped right now after talking with him. My Uncle knows some people to get things done. The one guy had an NHRA event around just the cars he built and he is excited about helping host this event. The guy with the dyno shop sounds like he is even willing to provide prizes for the winners of the show & shine as well. I will just have to ensure that we plan this event to be after or before the Kentucky Derby though... becuase hotels and the area in general is just packed during that time.

Sounds awesome! If KY is the route gone, this is will be a good 1st SZ. And hopefully we have it around April or so, i just heard that my basic has been pushed back until then! Or i will need to get a Thursday off.

1st Saturday in May is always the Derby so you will want to avoid that weekend as well as the weekend of April 21st as that is Thunder over Louisville which is the opening ceremonies for the 2 week long Derby Festival. It is an awesome air show during the day and the largest fireworks display in the country at night, but with attendance typically over 700,000 it can be difficult to find places to stay.

1st Saturday in May is always the Derby so you will want to avoid that weekend as well as the weekend of April 21st as that is Thunder over Louisville which is the opening ceremonies for the 2 week long Derby Festival. It is an awesome air show during the day and the largest fireworks display in the country at night, but with attendance typically over 700,000 it can be difficult to find places to stay.

Exactly. My Uncle was already telling me that I want to avoid any kind of events during and a few weeks before the Kentucky Derby. He says every single hotel will be booked and it is just crazy around there. I've been down there for the Kentucky Derby before and yea... it is insane. So if KY is chosen (which it looks like it is) then I'd be shooting for late May to avoid issues.

I would't worry about low voting numbers, I usually don't pay much attention to the SZ info until about March :laugh: but now that I have a vehicle capable of pulling a car hauler (for the Bondurant car) I'm paying much more attention. The only downside is I can only bring one car and I think I'd much rather track Bondurant than PPG.

Well SZ11 was my first year with a CSVT...so I am still a young pup to the world of CSVT's....but you can bet on me going to SZ12 in KY!!

Well I think I have the poll set to close at the end of the month... so get your votes in if your planning on attending.

I just voted. I have not been paying much attention to the forums for the past 3 weeks. I was on vacation for a week then in Europe for work the past 2 weeks. I already have my calendar blocked off at work for vacation time in May for this (May 16-20 would be the dates for the weekend before Memorial Day weekend).

Well looks like SZ12 is going to be in Louisville, KY.

I'll start working with my uncle and his friends to set this up. I'm pretty excited and pretty sure this SZ will be Legen... wait for it... dary ;)

WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Let me know when you are starting to get in touch with sponsors/vendors, I can check in with some of my contacts to see if they are interested in supporting our event again for 2012.

I REALLY want to see your car in person!

lol, im sure a few do.....but it would be a very expensive trip. Im guessing with fuel prices the way they are, on a 10hour drive in my car Id spend around $300 MINIMUM one way, so $600-$650 there and back. Plus hotel, food, etc :(

Its only looking to be roughly 300 miles for me one way. That's about 11 gallons for me averaging 28mpg on all highway! And that's averaging low for highway. Hope i can go this year, just need to start saving now.
And CKtour, are you thinking of driving your contour? It says about 600miles from my Google and figure a minimum of 300 miles a tank that's about $90-$120 depending on gas prices one way:shrug:. And that's guessing at 22mpg which is almost impossible for a good running contour in 5th all the way.

Is there any info on the hotel, events, etc or is that still being worked out?

10 hour drive for me according to mapquest..........hmmm.....not sure if I'll make it.

Really? I'm the one organizing it and I'll be driving about 13hrs. Plus my car will be on a trailer behind my Expedition... which will get about 16mpg if I'm lucky. I'll I gotta say is weak sauce man... weak sauce.

Back