• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
May 17-20 would be the traditional weekend for SZ. I don't see why the Derby would cause any problems at all for those dates. The Derby is on the 5th which is two weeks before.

if its based off tradition, wouldn't it be in MI? Lol :)

LOL! Personally, I kind of like the idea of having it Mem. Day weekend, only because it's one less actual vacation day I have to take.... Really, anytime pretty much works for me.

LOL! Personally, I kind of like the idea of having it Mem. Day weekend, only because it's one less actual vacation day I have to take.... Really, anytime pretty much works for me.

This is kind of what I was thinking as well.

The discussions in this thread are a great example why the weekend before Memorial Day was typically chosen: any other would be too early, too late, or conflict with spring/summer/holiday events.
The only real issue is that it interferes with college student classes and finals (this was the reason my first SZ was after college).
Memorial Day weekend is generally a traffic nightmare.

I'm open to other weekends but the 17-19th would work best.

I was liking that idea also, more hang out time but idc what the dates are im there!

Well it's actually looking good for me too. Wife's family lives in cincinnati so she just wants to get dropped off on the way. . .

I'll be ready to abuse my new WRX on the track! I'll probably only have power mods at that point but we'll see. TQ won't be an issue anymore

Well it's actually looking good for me too. Wife's family lives in cincinnati so she just wants to get dropped off on the way. . .

I'll be ready to abuse my new WRX on the track! I'll probably only have power mods at that point but we'll see. TQ won't be an issue anymore

Useless4door FTW! :D

woah I missed this one! congrats on the new ride man!

I voted for Kentucky because there's a better chance of the weather being good and it could get more people from the southeast to show up, its time for something a bit more centralized, just my .02 cents worth.

Back