• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
I added a Poll to the thread. Make your votes... guess I'm the only one with proposal's this year...

KY is ALWAYS GOOD!!! Kentucky doesnt sound to bad either! That would be convenient for me as I was planning on taking my kids to Dinosaur World around that time anyways. It would be nice to meet some new people!

Wow only 33 votes... not looking like its going to be a huge turn out. However it's looking like KY for the win.

33 votes <------ :nonono:

Not good, regardless of location. I thought going south would bring more people, but man - we have had almost that many people with just local meets :eek:

33 People one way or the other doesn't seem like much to me. How many turned out for SZ11? Maybe with taxes coming up we will get some more people to come.

Last edited:
The thread did get bumped down because no one posted, but if we keep bumping to the top I'm sure more people will at least vote..... doesn't really man that we will have the same turnout but it will give a chance for everyone to get in.

KY is waaaaay ahead!

I'm still planning on going.

I thought it was a sticky:shrug:. I am all ready planning on going. Hope it stays with KY, i don't want to drive to MN! The only thing about this SZ is that i am going into basic training in December. Hopefully i will get some leave and be able to go.

Don't let the low numbers discourage you all.
The site is hardly what it used to be in it's heyday. People have moved on, lives change, priorities change.
Understandable. I'm sure if people could make time for it they would because SZ has always been such an enjoyable event. I'm sure a lot of people really miss being able to attend.
We've got great members. <3

I agree with KIM.

Old members move on, some stick around, but the heart and soul of this platform relys on the new members! We were all in your shoes wondering about this "spring of zings" :laugh:. Honestly, for the last 8 years it is the only event that is planned every year in my live that I really look forward to.

If you are still not sure if you are going, but are pretty local to either option, put in a vote. That day will come closer and closer and you might decide that you are 100% showing up. We have had more than a handful of "walk on" people at these events, but walk on's still need to get registered and be counted in time.

The registration is to help pay for the planning, food, awards, shirts, lanyards, activities, and site donations. Pay your registration and have one of the best (4 day) weekends you might have all year!

I just got off the phone with my Uncle and he had already talked to a number of people... honestly I was floored with the response he had received from the people at his work , the dyno/tuning shop next to their custom shop. He even knows people at the local drag strip and road track. If Kentucky is where it is at I can just about guarantee one of the best SZ's ever... I'm ridiculously pumped right now after talking with him. My Uncle knows some people to get things done. The one guy had an NHRA event around just the cars he built and he is excited about helping host this event. The guy with the dyno shop sounds like he is even willing to provide prizes for the winners of the show & shine as well. I will just have to ensure that we plan this event to be after or before the Kentucky Derby though... becuase hotels and the area in general is just packed during that time.

Back