• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior Customs

Thats my new custom interieur compled Ostrisch leather and paint so it fits better to the outside .

how much did that interior cost minus electronics, just the sewing? how much was the material? I'd really like mine to be black and really dark grey, like a bmw.

yes it is a mystique door panel, and I did the dash too..... why?

not only did I like the position of the window buttons better, but notice the under door light in the corner? that too.

I did the dash because it has a drivers side glove box, and I liked the long sweeping lines of the instrument/vent area.

since there were less mystiques made it can be a challenge to find the door panels in good condition and unbroken door lights. the panels do match up to the tour dash too.

I do like the door lights, any hopes for them to work with the SVT panels without butchering up bad? Im guessing they are recessed into the panel :shrug:

yes it is a mystique door panel, and I did the dash too..... why?

not only did I like the position of the window buttons better, but notice the under door light in the corner? that too.

I did the dash because it has a drivers side glove box, and I liked the long sweeping lines of the instrument/vent area.

since there were less mystiques made it can be a challenge to find the door panels in good condition and unbroken door lights. the panels do match up to the tour dash too.

Actually, you'll notice that on the driver's side of the mystique dash, it's missing that dimpled section that a normal contour dash has that follows the first break at the top of the contour door panel. Not that I looked into it or anything....

damn those brits kinda doing what I wanted to do but with much better execution!

hey where'd my picture go?
1210196872-The_Mondy_043.JPG

attachment.php

I do like the door lights, any hopes for them to work with the SVT panels without butchering up bad? Im guessing they are recessed into the panel :shrug:

The pre 98 sitques had a very dark blue interior that may match the MB very well. Or one could color them to match. I thought about cutting a tour DP to insert the light but after looking it over I don't think it would work well.

Actually, you'll notice that on the driver's side of the mystique dash, it's missing that dimpled section that a normal contour dash has that follows the first break at the top of the contour door panel. Not that I looked into it or anything....

That is correct but it still matches very well, and you want the under door lights too.....:laugh:

I like the reskinned door panel for the component set, but the window for the X-over in the door doesn't flow and isnt needed.

also, why would you put an svt floor mat thats the wrong shape in the middle of that nice panel work in the trunk?

I also think that particular cap is ugly, and doesn't match very well. the diamond plate is cool though.

I am from fl now. The door panel you either like it or hate it from different comments but I like. Thinking about rewrapping cross over box and spell out svt it has a blue back light might look good. Do you really think the floor mats are permanent? I put them their just for photo. I have two sets of mats one for driving one for show/date they are stored with the spare tire. The trunk is going to die soon too much weight.
I will make something nice on the back of the seats. 3 crossovers,2 amps, alpine brain, xm box , cap need to fit. The JL 12w7 just to heavy and to much space. Looking at these amps and subs to replace what I have.
13 JLwt5
Alpine MRA-D550 5 Channel Amp
ALPINE® MRP-M500

I like the reskinned door panel for the component set, but the window for the X-over in the door doesn't flow and isnt needed.

also, why would you put an svt floor mat thats the wrong shape in the middle of that nice panel work in the trunk?

I also think that particular cap is ugly, and doesn't match very well. the diamond plate is cool though.
dude........... if you can criticise his so much lets see yours?

LOL.... that's just KAOS_2.5M he's never shy about posting an opinion....... One of the few that can actually be worse than me..... LOL

But he does need to change his name to kaos_3.0m

AF
just some of the crap he posted like the mat thing. it was obvious:nonono: why even bother posting lol I dont get it. most of the people ragging on installs or"giving their opinions" dont have anything but a stock radio in their ride and that is good enough for them so they dont understand the other parts of the scene

Yep that's him..... LOL there is a certain amount of entertainment value in what he posts if you don't get caught up in it. Actually he isn't a bad guy, I have delt with him on a number of things. IIRC he does some stuff with sound systems.

Anyway since this is the interior thread that pic I posted with the mystique door panel is just the tip of the ice berg on my doors.... they also have:

Heated mirrors
Lighted lock cylinders
Exterior door handle courtsey light switch (lighted entry)
Under door light mod
Interior door handle pocket lights (the little green lights) modded to the dimmer switch
Auto up & down windows
and stock speakers since I'm an old guy with a tin ear that listens to country music..... LOL run by a Pyle single dinn am/fm/cd/tape unit. The only cheap one I could find that would give me everything and install in the stock hole.

BTW does anyone have a good way to repair the door covering when it is shrinking and tearing loose from the backing? I have seen this on several cars on other wise good door panels and the other day I noticed it starting on my wife's 95.

AF

Back