• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: RP RSTB #2

do u kno where i can get a front one to match it... it would be worthless for me to buy one without a front one?

do u kno where i can get a front one to match it... it would be worthless for me to buy one without a front one?

From what I've read, the front bar is mainly for aesthetics, as the strut towers are quite close to the firewall. They don't flex much from the factory. A RSTB will be much more effective.

Everyone remember... tomorrow is the cut off date to get your payment in (unless you have contacted me and arranged for something). After that prices will go up $15. As I'll need the supplier to run a smaller batch of parts, which costs more.

Are the people who paid going to have to pay more now?

No. If it comes down to it I'll either refund everyone their money or I'll pay to have enough made to hit the GB pricing. However anyone that pays after today (March 1st, and hasn't made arrangements with me), will be required to pay normal pricing.

Hey Mike. I see you updated me as "paid", but not the updated measurement. I just want to make sure you hav the right information before you cut these bars. After double checking, my trunk measured at 39 3/16 inches.

Hey Mike. I see you updated me as "paid", but not the updated measurement. I just want to make sure you hav the right information before you cut these bars. After double checking, my trunk measured at 39 3/16 inches.

Updated. Thanks, I did have it correct on the order spreadsheet I have though.

How are things coming along Mike? I know it's still early. I'm just excited!

I haven't received a call from my supplier yet. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning to see if they have finished making the plates. I was told when I placed the order they would start making them this week.

UPDATE

Alright I called the supplier this morning and the guy I had been working with was apparently out of the office until Tues next week. However that said the parts are ready to be picked up... so I'm guessing with him out that is why I didn't receive a call. In any case I'm hoping to have the brackets all welded up by Sunday afternoon. I'll post picks of the progress when I have a chance.

Back