• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: RP RSTB #2

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright based on the interest check response we have enough people to get this rolling. I've included the list of people below that indicated they wanted to get in on this GB. What I will do contact my supplier again to confirm pricing since it has been so long with the CEG forums being down. However I feel like we should be sitting pretty good on pricing. I'll keep the order board open until March 1st to give everyone time to get things in order. Solidified pricing is $115 + S&H for the bare setup, which is what everyone indicated they wanted. S&H should be around $20-26 depending on where you live.

1. Speed_cat - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/8", Estimated delivery: 3/29 - Delivered

2. Smokinjoe - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/16", Estimated delivery: 3/30 - Delivered

3. Hotrodv6 - bare kit - Paid, Estimated delivery: 3/29 - Delivered

4. TourEnvy - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/16", Estimated delivery: 3/30 - Delivered

5. Redeemer - bare kit - Paid, Estimated delivery: 5/2 - Delivered

6. newb - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39", Estimated delivery: Whenever he picks it up - Delivered

7. hogan0181 - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/8", Estimated delivery: 3/29 - Delivered

8. TheFordGuy - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 1/8", Estimated delivery: 3/30 - Delivered

9. Hayabusa9900 - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/8", Estimated delivery: 3/28 - Delivered

10. Supah stah - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 1/2", Estimated delivery: 4/02 - Delivered

11. Cheesecake - bare kit - Paid & Measured, 39 3/16", Estimated delivery: 3/28 - Delivered

1. carguy98 - bare kit - Total Sent
2. troll96se - bare kit - Total Sent

hpim1856.jpg

rprstb.jpg

*Shown with powder coated brackets

---UPDATE---

Alright everyone pricing is confirmed! Lead time for brackets will be 1 week as of right now so once everyone sends payment in we I should be able to turn everything around in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks no problem. SO that said please send me all of the following, which will ONLY be used to quote and ship the product you order.

-CEG S/N
-Full Name
-Complete Mailing address
-Email address
-Daytime Phone number (used for shipping purposes with FedEx so they can contact you if needed)

PLEASE NOTE: My email is RiesPerformance@gmail_remove_me_.com note the "remove me" in the email address to prevent spam. Please email me this information and not PM me it. This way in the event that CEG goes down again for a extended period of time. I will email you your grand total once you have provided me with this information. I will be accepting orders all the way up to March 1st, but as soon as we get 10 people paid I will put in the order for parts.

I will also update the first post to include this information.

Last edited:
1. Speed_cat - bare kit
2. Smokinjoe - bare kit
3. Hotrodv6 - bare kit
4. Supah stah - bare kit
5. TourEnvy - bare kit
6. carguy98 - bare kit
7. Redeemer - bare kit
8. newb - bare kit
9. hogan0181 - bare kit
10. troll96se - bare kit
11. Cheesecake- bare kit

Alright everyone pricing is confirmed! Lead time for brackets will be 1 week as of right now so once everyone sends payment in we I should be able to turn everything around in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks no problem. SO that said please send me all of the following, which will ONLY be used to quote and ship the product you order.

-CEG S/N
-Full Name
-Complete Mailing address
-Email address
-Daytime Phone number (used for shipping purposes with FedEx so they can contact you if needed)

PLEASE NOTE: My email is RiesPerformance@gmail_remove_me_.com note the "remove me" in the email address to prevent spam. Please email me this information and not PM me it. This way in the event that CEG goes down again for a extended period of time. I will email you your grand total once you have provided me with this information. I will be accepting orders all the way up to March 1st, but as soon as we get 10 people paid I will put in the order for parts.

I will also update the first post to include this information.

All - here is the latest list. I have not heard back from a lot of people yet. Going to need commitments and information from everyone.

EDIT - see first post for updates

Last edited:
did you need the measurments now?
email/info sent

Yes, you can send me the measurements. However I'm going to write up instructions so that everyone measures correctly and in the same way. So hold off until I get that up.

Alright guys now for taking your trunk measurements. You'll need to remove the carpeting surround on the sides of the trunk. Behind this you will see the sheet metal stampings on the driver and passenger sides of the trunk. Locate the flat area on each side (see blue circle in photo below). Take a piece of string and tape it to the flat area on one side of the trunk and string it to the other side taping it in the same spot as you had on the other side making sure the string is tight. Mark each end of the string with a marker where it touches the sheet metal. Then remove the string from the car, tape it to the ground again keeping it straight, and finally measure the string from the marks you previously made with a tape measure. Write down the measurement and email it to me again with your CEG S/N.

p1010009ko.jpg

rstbmeasure.jpg

Alright well we got 5 people that have responded and I've sent out their totals... going to need at least 5 more people to get on this and everyone to get their payments in before the end of the month to make this happen. I'll have to place the order for raw material here in a couple of weeks to allow me to get everyone there parts two weeks after March 1st so lets get moving guys.

I put the order in for the bracket parts today and they had a rush of orders last week. However I'll still get all of the material in by March 8. So I should still be capable of getting the brackets out by that following weekend. It's going to be tight as I'm out of town on business from the 5-14th. However I think I can work something out.

That said those of you stranglers get me your information so I can send out totals to you. Remember I need payment by March 1st and no later, unless you make arrangements with me ahead of time. Also don't forget to get me your trunk measurements if you haven't done so already!

Well people we've got 9 days left before the cut off date and I've only got 3 people who have paid with another person who indicated when he would pay. One person who has given me their measurements, one person may have to hold off for a bit or back out, and then we have 3 people who have not responded at all with their information. What's the hold up guys?

Did you measure with the carpet removed? I also have 2000 and came up with a measurement of 39-3/16".

Mike maybe you can comment on strut tower spacing and the different numbers you have seen. This post has me a little concerned, even after triple checking I think I might do it again.

Is the range really this wide spread?

Hmm, yes I measured it with the trunk carpet removed. Thats a little wierd. It would be nice to know what the acceptable range in measurements would be from what you've seen. Either way, I would be able to gind the bar down if nessessary.

I'll start putting people's measurement's in the first post. However this is why I asked this time around for each person to supply me with their trunk measurements. Last time around it seemed as if there was a large range, which was not expected as I figured Ford would have been able to maintain a reasonably small tolerance on this. So I will be cutting the cross braces so that at the middle position of the adjustment it should be equal to your trunk spacing, which will provide you with the ability to make the assembly longer or shorter as necessary. The brackets will allow up to 1" of adjustment.

I'll start putting people's measurement's in the first post. However this is why I asked this time around for each person to supply me with their trunk measurements. Last time around it seemed as if there was a large range, which was not expected as I figured Ford would have been able to maintain a reasonably small tolerance on this. So I will be cutting the cross braces so that at the middle position of the adjustment it should be equal to your trunk spacing, which will provide you with the ability to make the assembly longer or shorter as necessary. The brackets will allow up to 1" of adjustment.

This sounds good. I didnt know there will be adjustments. I even checked again last night, and my size remains the same.

This sounds good. I didnt know there will be adjustments. I even checked again last night, and my size remains the same.

I checked mine again this morning. It appears I was a bit off. The new measurement I got was 39 3/16 inches. Same as Tourenvy's measurements. I'll send you another email.

Last edited:
Back