• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

interesting BMW

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
i was walking down the street in florida today and stumbled upon this. its a 1990 BMW Z1. i was lucky enough to talk to the owner. it was hard to understand him with his thick accent, but he had it imported last week. its got an inline 6 cylinder engine, 5spd transmission, and the coolest part about the car... the doors slide down into the sills to get into the car!!! has anyone else ever seen one? the entire car absolutely blew me away

bmwz1.jpg

Saw several of them in Germany but only 1 here in the states. I was taking pictures of a white one in Germany and acting like I was stepping into it and the owner comes running out to talk to me about it.

i haven't seen one in person, but i've seen them on tv...some weird car show i was watching late one night.

anyway...i'd hate to get the repair bill when those doors stop working lol!! !

i haven't seen one in person, but i've seen them on tv...some weird car show i was watching late one night.

anyway...i'd hate to get the repair bill when those doors stop working lol!! !

Meh. Just install a crank when the gear strips. :)

I saw one once many years ago.

There was one that went up for sale a few months ago in my area and I did alot of reading up on them at the time.... such a cool car and so very rare in the states.

Back