• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tallest 3l lower intake manifold

I thought he was going to put a rotisserie under it for hotdogs. :shrug:

Ding Ding! Actually for Kielbasa :drool:

I was thinking about phenolic. I only need maybe an 1/8"

Its not for anything cool, just to raise it a few for the new VC.

I was trying not to make anything yet as I am busy with other projects the moment. But looks like I will have to anyway.

Not sure if it would leak or not, seeing as I have never tried it...but two lim gaskets on top of eachother?

i was gonna let that one go..... lol.

a spacer willl work. you must be converting to the valve cover style PCV system eh?

Yep. Obviously a spacer will work. If I had one I wouldn't be posting :crazy:! I will most likely make one.

Why wouldn't two gaskets work? Without boost I bet it would be fine.

I just realized I'm thinking of the 2.5L gaskets, iirc the 3L gaskets were just press in oval rubber o-ring style ones, which would definitely not work. Theres 3 gasket options so I guess I should clarify. The 2.5L gaskets have a groove inside them, you could fill that carefully with a little RTV and press them together. I don't really see any leaks coming from that. The LIM is also exactly 1/8" tk.

Yeah but he just picked up another car iirc, I figured it might be for that one.

Why wouldn't two gaskets work? Without boost I bet it would be fine.

I just realized I'm thinking of the 2.5L gaskets, iirc the 3L gaskets were just press in oval rubber o-ring style ones, which would definitely not work. Theres 3 gasket options so I guess I should clarify. The 2.5L gaskets have a groove inside them, you could fill that carefully with a little RTV and press them together. I don't really see any leaks coming from that. The LIM is also exactly 1/8" tk.

injector ports dude, thats the whole point of the bugzuki plates. besides, you'd also have to "port" the inside of the two gaskets with a dremel so it would flow right, by then you might as well make your own spacer.

now what should work is two pairs of bugzuki plates trimmed out to ovals and jb welded together....

[edit]

another idea would be to pull the brass inserts out of a spare LIM and then take a power wood planer to it till it was the right thickness, (part that holds the gaskets only) then jb weld that to the bottom of your good LIM.

I think the bugzuki plate way would be easier though.

JB Weld is not going to be very happy on a boosted application. I really wouldn't say that using JB Weld at all on an intake manifold is a great idea. Maybe if you have to get the car going for a couple days, but not as a long term solution.

Sorry JB weld will not find its way onto my car. The proper way is to find a taller lower intake, or make a spacer. The later is in the works.

Sorry JB weld will not find its way onto my car. The proper way is to find a taller lower intake, or make a spacer. The later is in the works.

an oval port style spacer would be easy to run. see livin, just put pics of your car up here so everyone understands what you've got going on here.

here you go (people that don't know him)

a. built 3L
b. not split port
c. boosted
d. won't double gasket or jb weld

e. will build you a trans for $$$

ahahah

haha, yeah

I'm just saying a pair of bugzuki plates would be twenty times better than gluing damn split port uim gaskets together.

best way would be to mill some 1/4" aluminum sheeting into some spacers... still need some sort of gasket though (jb weld??????, hahahaha)

Back