• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
As some of you know i had an issue with burning oil (lots of oil). turns out it was the head gasket was leaking oil into the cylinders. apparently there have been some issues with the ARP head studs not staying torqued if you dont remove the coating from the threads at both ends, the underside of the nut, and the side of the washer that contacts the nut.:shrug: so while i had it all apart i decided to paint a few things so the engine bay looked better.

before:
Picture003-1.jpg

after:
Picture003-3.jpg

Now it is missing the HIDs since i stole them for the SVT since it is my daily driver. how many other things can you find different? :D:D

Looks good :laugh:,

you should get the headers polished and you're good. :cool:

can't tell much of a difference besides the esthetics, never seen pics of your ride before;

paint that bumber

headers are alittle more beat up looking from being taken off. there is a bracket missing from where the cam shaft sensor would be on a post 98. battery sideways, ignition wires, idk what else

what a fuggin' ricer, look at all of those missmatched colors.

...ricer.

Looks good...needs more unity under the hood.:laugh:
other than the manifold there really isnt much more that can be done for "unity" the FPR and coil pack are staying so unless you know an easy way to change them to either black, blue, or silver they will be red. i might buy an optima blue top just so its blue.

AliasJerk said:
what a fuggin' ricer, look at all of those missmatched colors.
at least the strut bar isnt yellow anymore :D:D

Last edited:
njk1 said:
lookin good... whens that evo blue paintjob coming??? or did you change up the color now:shrug:

The plan is still to eventually get the car painted blue. however i will probably get the bumpers and side skirts painted to match for the time being. just so the arent red.

Last edited:
New wires, battery on side, painted strut bar, painted valve cover, painted timing cover, painted battery tie down, removed some device from fuse box, turned screws from clamps on turbo (near strut bar) down and out of site, and also the header is more beat up. Did I win? :laugh:

Methinks you should polish that. Have you seen bagged's new posts in Pics and Vids? :drool:
i would rather just get a manifold thats jet-hot coated. not only will it look good but it will flow better too and help keep the under hood temps down.

i would rather just get a manifold thats jet-hot coated. not only will it look good but it will flow better too and help keep the under hood temps down.

I see your point. And I must say, yours looks much better than mine, which is completely rusted :laugh:. I'm going to to some engine cleaning after I install my intake and then I'll whore like you, lol. Then I'll test YOU to see how many things you can guess I have changed on mine...if I change much :p

other than the manifold there really isnt much more that can be done for "unity" the FPR and coil pack are staying so unless you know an easy way to change them to either black, blue, or silver they will be red. i might buy an optima blue top just so its blue.

at least the strut bar isnt yellow anymore :D:D
Start making covers.:shrug:

Back