• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics

:confused: guess im out then.

the easiest and cheapest thing you can do is buy and install(right...) a trans cooler, and the larger the better depending on how much power you are putting threw the trans. only problem is, once you start adding a large amount of power like this turbo kit. you will start to mess up valves, valve body, the torque converter and other things i dont know about(im not a trans guy) after a period of time (could be first run could be a year idk)

do some looking around and see what you can find. there is FAQ on the CD4E trans, which is what you have. read that and it will give you a good head start.

I saw some of your pics of the build and it looks nice. Did you consider doing a "How To" for Do-it-yourselfers?

im not doing a how-to on my turbo kit. since i would like to build and sell kits a how-to would defeat the purpose. however im not above helping somebody by giving them pointers or answering questions if they want to try to tackle making their own kit.

I will say this, Its not easy, extremely time consuming, and unless you know how the whole system works and how to weld its not worth trying to tackle yourself.

If you have a 98+, just get a Focus JRSC. Bolts right up and is ATX friendly.

BP
HOLY :censored::censored::censored::censored:, Your still alive. LOL

Bens got it right. the supercharger will be much more ATX friendly then the sudden onset of torque from a turbo.

speaking of which, how is "The H.O.C." coming along?

Last edited:
It's not. LOL!

The HOC is sleeping 'til spring.

I was having soo many problems getting my media blasting rig set up. I want to get all of the nasty/old mounts and engine pieces all cleaned up and painted before I drop the Focus engine in. I ran out of time and now the weather is horrible.

It's good to see that you're still making progress. ;) I still need to sit down and read through the forums and see what has been going on. I've just briefly glanced over stuff.

Right now I'm playing with my computers. Between my main three computers, I'll be up to 6.7TB of storage. :crazy:

Ben

It's not. LOL!

The HOC is sleeping 'til spring.

I was having soo many problems getting my media blasting rig set up. I want to get all of the nasty/old mounts and engine pieces all cleaned up and painted before I drop the Focus engine in. I ran out of time and now the weather is horrible.

It's good to see that you're still making progress. ;) I still need to sit down and read through the forums and see what has been going on. I've just briefly glanced over stuff.

Right now I'm playing with my computers. Between my main three computers, I'll be up to 6.7TB of storage. :crazy:

Ben
you better hurry up. you need to have it ready by SZ so we can show off the FI Zetec's :cool:

you better hurry up. you need to have it ready by SZ so we can show off the FI Zetec's :cool:

Don't worry. I'll just need to decide which FI'd Zetec that I want to bring. ;)

turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or turbo or super or :laugh:

If I can get my hands on a HMS MTX-75, and I can get it tuned, I'll probably bring "Project Timebomb" just so we can compare turbo'd Zetecs.

You would need to use that one. It is an integral part of the supercharger. It has the bypass valve and a bunch of vacuum/pressure ports on it, including the EGR.

To make it work, besides the supercharger, you would need...

42# injectors
Mustang GT MAF or Diablo MAFia
Focus Throttle Body
Focus Throttle Cable
Tune

I would also recommend a water injection system.

The M45 supercharger is good for about 180-200 wheel HP. If you got water injection, cam gears, and a dyno tune, you could probably get it around 225HP.

It would make your ATX a lot of fun to drive.

BP

You would need to use that one. It is an integral part of the supercharger. It has the bypass valve and a bunch of vacuum/pressure ports on it, including the EGR.

To make it work, besides the supercharger, you would need...

42# injectors
Mustang GT MAF or Diablo MAFia
Focus Throttle Body
Focus Throttle Cable
Tune

I would also recommend a water injection system.

The M45 supercharger is good for about 180-200 wheel HP. If you got water injection, cam gears, and a dyno tune, you could probably get it around 225HP.

It would make your ATX a lot of fun to drive.

BP
DO not need Focus TB or cable. The stock Contour will work.

Yes to above. In reality, the stock injectors, stock MAF handled the JR supercharger with the stock 3.0 pulley with no tune.

well i had to remove the AC on my current setup but that was my choosing cause i never use it. my kit will be usable with the AC system. the only other thing i had to modify was the coilpack bracket in order to tap into the head for the oil supply for the turbo.

My Turbo Kit I have just installed wasnt possible with the A/C also. I never use the thing anyways, except I got lazy and tool a air tool to it and cut the sucker off. ( saved about an hour lol)

dont forget you will also need one step cooler spark plugs

Back