• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Some Ideas

Got another update, working on retro fitting the headlights and i found that the previous owner tried to fix the bumper already haha.
img20130118185729.jpg

img20130118185745.jpg

img20130121215712.jpg

img20130122172345.jpg

Another Update!

Here are the projectors I am retrofitting.
img20130201211422.jpg

img20130201211434.jpg

The snow delayed me a little...
img20130204183927.jpg

img20130204183943.jpg

Fog Lamp Housings sanded, left is a before one and right is an after one
img20130204192522.jpg

The headlight lenses now.
img20130208154729.jpg

The single biggest thing you can do to any car is a wheel upgrade so I would start there.

Maybe true in some cases, but I am convinced the single best thing you can do to any car to change the driving experience is a set of nice seats. I don't think I've owned any "fun" car that had the stock seats in there for more than a week.

To be honest, kinda weird with the semi-circles, but the rest of it looks good.
You've got to tell me a step by step on how you got those lenses so clear! (post here or PM me)

To be honest, kinda weird with the semi-circles, but the rest of it looks good.
You've got to tell me a step by step on how you got those lenses so clear! (post here or PM me)

I tried to heat them up and make them a full circle but I was defeated. They almost snapped no matter how hot I got them. And for the headlights, all I did was sand them down and put a clear coat of automotive paint on them (The perks of having a father who paints).

I tried to heat them up and make them a full circle but I was defeated. They almost snapped no matter how hot I got them. And for the headlights, all I did was sand them down and put a clear coat of automotive paint on them (The perks of having a father who paints).
Well, I figured that much, but what grit or grits did you use? I want to do the same thing with some lenses of mine.

I would redo the semi-circles personally. There is a lot of information out there on how to bend the circles. I've successfully bent a few of them myself. It takes time and patience for sure.

I would redo the semi-circles personally. There is a lot of information out there on how to bend the circles. I've successfully bent a few of them myself. It takes time and patience for sure.
To be honest the thing that bugs me is the sparkly non-consistent light

Why not just get CCFLs?
ccfl-halo-eyes-red-purple-blue-white-green-angel-eye-13.jpg

I think the red badge on the trunk looks really cool on the black car.

The tinted glass drives me nuts, though. If I couldn't have the front doors tinted, I wouldn't do the rears either.

I think the red badge on the trunk looks really cool on the black car.

The tinted glass drives me nuts, though. If I couldn't have the front doors tinted, I wouldn't do the rears either.

I can have the front tinted, I just choose not to. The cops around here flip a tit if you have every window tinted....they will pull you over and give you a warning....its stupid.

I also had tint all the way around. I got pulled over for it and had to remove the front tint and there was no way i was removing tint off of 4 other windows. haha

First thing I'd do visually is, I'd remove that SVT sticker from the rear doors, if it was my car.

Get some suspension, fix the front bumper, put on a mirko and the car would be totally transformed. A set of wheels wouldn't hurt either.

First thing I'd do visually is, I'd remove that SVT sticker from the rear doors, if it was my car.

Get some suspension, fix the front bumper, put on a mirko and the car would be totally transformed. A set of wheels wouldn't hurt either.

Im saving money up to wrap the wheels I got for her (pictured below). I also changed the stickers to the red ones (pictured in an earlier post). High towered the headlights and retrofitted projectors in them. Rear bumper was replaced with a almost new bumper from a guy in Iowa (don't know his name). I also installed under dash lights and got blue LEDs for the gauge cluster...have yet to get a picture. And I put yellow Kandy on the fog lamps with yellow bulbs. Got red LED turn signals. Smoked the rear taillights. I also got PDR done to her so she is virtually dent free. And yeah, I think that is about it.

Back