• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Some Ideas

Wheels look sick!

Not sure if i missed it, but are the taillights permanent or vinyl?

I think it looks awesome, but I remember when I tinted mine and got expensive LED taillights and such.. as soon as I pulled the tint off I was ridiculously ecstatic with how it looked without tint. It was an itch I had to scratch, and I loved pulling the tint off after I scratched the itch :laugh:

Wheels look sick!

Not sure if i missed it, but are the taillights permanent or vinyl?

I actually just took the taillights out of my other contour and put them in the SVT. So I technically have the choice of smoked or not. And the "tint" is permanent. I used over reduced black paint (same black used for the body color).

If it's possible could you post a step by step on how and what you did to the headlights, how to take them apart and what parts you used to retrofit and where they were purchased. I know there has to be a guide on this site somewhere but I definitely like the way yours look.

If it's possible could you post a step by step on how and what you did to the headlights, how to take them apart and what parts you used to retrofit and where they were purchased. I know there has to be a guide on this site somewhere but I definitely like the way yours look.

If my phone wasn't so messed up, I would have took step-by-step pictures and showed you guys how I did it but sadly I was unable to. I did mine a bit differently than most. Instead of painting the bezel, I just rubbed the chrome off of it....sounds weird doesn't it? Haha, I sprayed it with glass cleaner to prepare it to be sanded and the chrome just rubbed off.

And here she is today (Next step is to lower her)

img0649l.jpg

img0650pj.jpg

img0651yc.jpg

Better, high quality, pictures will be taken this summer.

the car has come a long way.

one small thing i would do is take some fine wet grit sandpaper and polish up your exhaust tips. it will make a big difference.

Back