• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Door stuck closed!

Fuz, edited post to clarify the order of things. Use ring and middle finger on manual lock mechanism of the back door and hook the handle with your thumb. then press the drivers door unlock switch. May take a few tries but am almost certain this will work for you as my car has the same identical problem. Hope it works for all of you who have the door issue.
Bill

Fuz, edited post to clarify the order of things. Use ring and middle finger on manual lock mechanism of the back door and hook the handle with your thumb. then press the drivers door unlock switch. May take a few tries but am almost certain this will work for you as my car has the same identical problem. Hope it works for all of you who have the door issue.
Bill

Ding ding ding!!!!!
That should do it, it's like you need the lock button on the panel to 'catch' on the locking mechanism inside the door.

This happens to me everytime someone tries to open the rear doors when they are locked. They won't unlock until you push in on the lock button while unlocking the doors.

I don't have as much time as you guys do, had to dismantle the parts car some more tonight and get pics of things for sale..... soon grasshopper, soon

Thanks for the tips guys! I am a newb and my passenger rear door has the stuck problem.

-Brian

My rear door on the mystique does this but if your put a lot of pressure upward on it it will open.

This seems like an important issue. Reviving the thread !!!

Redneck, awesome info...wish me luck i'm about to go try it so my car pool buddy can get in and out lol....just bought the car and it's the back drivers sides. Clearly in a locked position because outside handle is free unless it's broke.

Where are you putting the upward pressure 2000ZxT ??

Wish me luck guys !!

Back