• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new SVT

[Hank Hill}God dang it Bobby, you installed the hood struts backwards! [/Hank Hill]

Car looks good, it should clean up nicely.

Last edited:
Your hood struts are installed upside down :blackeye:. You got that one for a steal! Congrats.
Ya we already established that fact once in this thread lol:blackeye: IDK if you have any idea how much of a steal this car really was lol but anyone that passed on this thing missed out big time.

Looks rust free. If you need an SVT fender snorkle I have one.
The car is clean as can be as far as rust goes. The under carriage is nice even. I'll try to shoot pics of that today when im changing the oil. I have a GMK CAI I am planning on tossing on it today but I may just get that from ya anyway.

I thought some people on here purposely install their hood struts backward due to some fitment issues or other personal preference :shrug:

Too bad about all that paint damage. Was it previously owned by a CEGer at one point, to your knowledge?
I can track the car back thru the last 4 owners on CEG so ya lol its been around. The 3l was installed by blackcoog

Glad you made it home safe! :cool:
Me too! lol

[Hank Hill}God dang it Bobby, you installed the hood struts backwards! [/Hank Hill]

Car looks good, it should clean up nicely.

Hood struts will be fixed here in a min and ya it does clean up good or well atleast the parts that are still shiny do.

Congrats on the pickup man!

I bet that thing runs good....what was done to the trans? Anything good?

Congrats on the pickup man!

I bet that thing runs good....what was done to the trans? Anything good?
unfortunately nothing at all not even a new clutch:blackeye: I am going to go ahead and start trying to save up some cash for a clutch and lightened flywheel now, Maybe a diff too. this car does however have one of the smoothest feeling transmissions out of all the svt's I have driven.

The car definitely has a quality interior! Just a bit of fresh paint and that thing will be looking brand new again :cool:

Looks nice, I'm jealous of the T-red. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough
ty I like it lol it is my first t-red.

I just called to order my certificate and got my build number, but they wouldnt give me the build date:shrug: anyways I knew it should be close to the number of my silver car and I was right lol 51 cars later lol. This one is #0895/6535

Glad you got one i rememebr you were saying in the cougar you wanted another svt now we got twins
I knew I'd get another one lol thanks Mike

And ya I know they will do that Sam but they always told me before when I called:shrug:

Good to see ya made it home safely......even though you were texting while driving! haha I agree w/ everyone else, looks like you got a great deal!

So who did this 3l install :laugh:
lmao I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned. I can track the car back thru the last 4 owners on ceg. 1 b4 the 2.5 blew, 1 when the 2.5 went, then the installer of the 3l, then the person i bought it from.

But since you asked Blackcoog is the one that did this swap. I must say I am very impressed with it so far too.

no. I am not as anal about that stuff as everyone else around here I guess. It isn't too noticeable so I'm not going to worry about it.

I haven't painted mine either, when I posted it up I got flamed to high heaven becouse of it. Oh well, like you say it not noticable.

I'm jealous of you lack of sun roof.

I haven't painted mine either, when I posted it up I got flamed to high heaven becouse of it. Oh well, like you say it not noticable.

I'm jealous of you lack of sun roof.
it feels wierd not having the sunroof. I keep looking up for it and its also funny not having the huge motor cover too.

Back